Another luggage valet question.

• 8 months later...

Just had our flight home pushed back from noon till almost 7pm. We will be flying out of Fort Lauderdale on Virgin America (it may be merged with Alaska by March). Anyone know if we can use the RCI Luggage Valet? I don’t pack light, and really don’t want to be pulling 2 or more suitcases around with me all day. ;)

Thanks in advance.

C2cruisin / Carol

Edited by C2cruisin'

Just had our flight home pushed back from noon till almost 7pm. We will be flying out of Fort Lauderdale on Virgin America (it may be merged with Alaska by March). Anyone know if we can use the RCI Luggage Valet? I don’t pack light' date=' and really don’t want to be pulling 2 or more suitcases around with me all day. ;)

Thanks in advance.

C2cruisin / Carol[/quote']

I've not seen either Virgin or Alaska listed on any of the recent Luggage Valet scans from Port Everglades.

Can anyone explain the difference, if any between what CCers call Luggage Valet, and what the RCI CSR's call "Departure Transfers". I asked for an email from RCI confirming that LV was available for Navigator in POM to Delta-MIA, and that is what the email stated. Thanks in advance for any clarification.....

I've not seen either Virgin or Alaska listed on any of the recent Luggage Valet scans from Port Everglades.

Thanks Bob, I was afraid of that....

Anyone have ideas of where we can store our luggage for almost 8 hours? I’m tempted to either rent a car for the day or book an inexpensive hotel, but I think 15 March is during Spring Break, not sure what the feasibility of either option is. Is there a car rental at or near the port?

Other thoughts?

Can anyone explain the difference, if any between what CCers call Luggage Valet, and what the RCI CSR's call "Departure Transfers". I asked for an email from RCI confirming that LV was available for Navigator in POM to Delta-MIA, and that is what the email stated. Thanks in advance for any clarification.....

Luggage Valet is a service that takes your luggage from outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, to the airport and checks it with your airline. It does not include any transportation for you.

Departure transfers take you and your luggage to the airport. You are responsible to get your bags to the transfer bus and then to the airline check-in counter.

I have always thought the term departure transfers referred to purchasing transfers (tickets) for RC to take you too and from the airport to the cruise terminal via shuttle bus.

Sailed the Navigator from Miami last year. Used the luggage valet program from port to Miami airport. I was flying Delta. Believe flight had to be noon or later.

Luggage Valet is a service that takes your luggage from outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, to the airport and checks it with your airline. It does not include any transportation for you.

Departure transfers take you and your luggage to the airport. You are responsible to get your bags to the transfer bus and then to the airline check-in counter.

Well, Bob, thanks for that clarification. I asked for a supervisor to send me written clarification (by email) that luggage valet was going to be available for Nav OTS/Miami, and he acted like he'd never heard of Luggage Valet (and this was the US based Service Center). I've read mixed posting in CC as to the availability for Luggage Valet thru POM/MIA. Can you clarify it at all?

I have always thought the term departure transfers referred to purchasing transfers (tickets) for RC to take you too and from the airport to the cruise terminal via shuttle bus.

Sailed the Navigator from Miami last year. Used the luggage valet program from port to Miami airport. I was flying Delta. Believe flight had to be noon or later.

Thank you for your info. I'm hoping the same will be true in December;)

Well, Bob, thanks for that clarification. I asked for a supervisor to send me written clarification (by email) that luggage valet was going to be available for Nav OTS/Miami, and he acted like he'd never heard of Luggage Valet (and this was the US based Service Center). I've read mixed posting in CC as to the availability for Luggage Valet thru POM/MIA. Can you clarify it at all?

Luggage Value is available at the Port of Miami for both MIA and FLL airports.

Thanks Bob' date=' I was afraid of that....

Anyone have ideas of where we can store our luggage for almost 8 hours? I’m tempted to either rent a car for the day or book an inexpensive hotel, but I think 15 March is during Spring Break, not sure what the feasibility of either option is. Is there a car rental at or near the port?

Other thoughts?[/quote']

There is a baggage storage place at the FLL airport. $7 per bag. You could take your bags there then head out for the day and pick them up later. My son was going to use this service but first he stopped at the Southwest counter and they agreed to check his bags even though it was 8 hours before his flight.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage.

This service is available in these selected ports: Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral

AND on these selected airlines:

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • US Airways
  • Jet Blue
  • Southwest Airlines

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage.

This service is available in these selected ports: Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral

AND on these selected airlines:

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • US Airways
  • Jet Blue
  • Southwest Airlines

Unfortunately, this web page has not been updated in years. There's been no US Airways since 2015.

Luggage Valet, as we have seen it, is not available for shorty cruises (3/4 nights). Bob, are they still just for 7 night and longer cruises? We do have a few 6 night cruises booked.

Rick and Deirdra

I really don't know Rick, that's one reason why I try to get folks to scan the LV letters. However, now that you mention it, I don't recall an LV letter on our last Majesty cruise.

Bob,

We've never seen LV on any MJ or MN cruise and all have been 3 or 4 days and you know we've done many of those. Shorty cruises most likely don't handle the amount of bags to make the deal worth while.

Rick

Make sense. I was also thinking that it takes a day or two for RC to coordinate and get approval from the airlines, and it could be that there's just not enough time on a short cruise. Maybe someday they will allow LV signup pre-cruise via the website (:eek::eek::eek:) and then they could offer LV on short cruises.