Entertainment? Single cruiser

hlsess

I was on Wind Surf in December as a solo and there was not much entertainment on the ship except for a duo who played at the bar area above the pool and a group in the main lounge that played in the evening, and one night had crew talent show. Since the ship was at the ports most of the day this did not prove a problem for me and with the smaller number of passengers you will not feel "lost in the crowd" as one an on the larger ships. The vibe on these smaller ships is different from the large cruise ships as people do not seem to need to be entertained. Also this was my first Wind Star cruise and this was so much better than any other main line cruise I ever did. I think you will really enjoy,

Thanks for your feedback!! Now to see what they charge for a single!!

I was on Wind Surf in December as a solo and there was not much entertainment on the ship except for a duo who played at the bar area above the pool and a group in the main lounge that played in the evening, and one night had crew talent show. Since the ship was at the ports most of the day this did not prove a problem for me and with the smaller number of passengers you will not feel "lost in the crowd" as one an on the larger ships. The vibe on these smaller ships is different from the large cruise ships as people do not seem to need to be entertained. Also this was my first Wind Star cruise and this was so much better than any other main line cruise I ever did. I think you will really enjoy,

• 3 months later...
i an considering Windstar for a cruise to Greece. How is the entertainment? Is this an easy cruise to do single? I’ve been on huge ships and silversea which is small but never as a single passenger.

I have done several Windstar 'Motor Yacht' cruises including the Greece trip you're interested in. I have never seen an 'abandoned' guest, solo or not, on any Windstar cruises so if you have a personality more festive than a marble Athens statue you will love your small ship cruise experience. The diversification of passengers that typically make up the guest list on a Windstar Cruise has never failed to make quick and interesting conversations easy. A large number of Windstar passengers have extensively traveled and like to share their experiences - rather than brag about them. Entertainment aboard a Windstar ship is like a glass of wine, you get out of it what you put in it. I think it will take you some time to stop smiling if you choose the Greek cruise.

Windstar cruises is very laid back. The nightly entertainment is low key. No big shows or loud music. The Windsurf has a band in the lounge and a duo in Compass Rose. It is very enjoyable. There is the deck bbq with great food and lots of music. Line dancing is a blast. There is also the crew show. In some ports, there may be some local entertainment. You will find small groups of guests gathering to play cards or just chat. The Yacht Club is my favorite location especially on the motor yachts. There is a small library and videos that you can play in your cabin. They have a really good selection. I sail with my spouse. I have no experience sailing as a solo. I have met several people sailing alone. On my first cruise, I met a single woman who had sailed on the Windsurf many times. She said that once you experience Windstar's elegance, you will be back. She was right. The overall atmosphere lends itself to enjoying the experience. From my experiences, the smaller ships are friendlier.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are flexible and keep your eyes out they will sometimes waive (or reduce) single supplements, but I think it's usually within 60 days of sailing? (Otherwise I think it's 175%)