Seafood restaurant recommendations near Port Canaveral?

eriko1908

Starting to plan for March cruise out of Port Canaveral...we've only sailed out of Miami prior to this one. We'd love a few recommendations on seafood restaurants near Port Canaveral. We are staying at Radisson Resort at the Port. Thanks for any info that gets thrown out there!!

Not far from the Rad' at the Port is "the Cove" section of Port Canaveral (altho close I recommend you take a taxi or UBER as you must cross a busy highway)

There's a bunch of rest' here with the 'big four' being Millikan's, Fishlips, Rusty's and Grills

Ask 100 locals which is best and you'll get 25 voting for each .....

I prefer Grills ... all have websites and you can review the menus. All are waterside. Millikan's is the most west and the most expensive (a bit more than the other 3). Grills is adjacent to Terminal One (RCCL).

grills-seafood-30.jpg

grills-seafood-12.jpg

There are other places in this area as well, they come and go, these are the 'anchor stores' of the Cove.

if you are an environmentalist .....

Lionfish is an invasive species doing major damage to the fish populations throughout the Carib' and even here in Canaveral. They don't take a hook, eat anything up to their own size and reproduce like crazy. SCUBA divers are encourage to catch these by spear/gig ..... on the plus side, they are really tasty!!!!!

Grills buys lionfish from divers to serve in their resturaunts (2 locations locally btw) .... as a diver I LIKE this!

http://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

cleaned and cooked whole with a nice glaze it makes a terriffic app' ... the white meat falls off the bones ....

froiled-lionfish-grills.jpg

{I have no association with the place, but have been eating here for 10 years. It is where I take visiting folks and family ....}

Edited by Capt_BJ

Not far from the Rad' at the Port is "the Cove" section of Port Canaveral (altho close I recommend you take a taxi or UBER as you must cross a busy highway)

There's a bunch of rest' here with the 'big four' being Millikan's, Fishlips, Rusty's and Grills

Ask 100 locals which is best and you'll get 25 voting for each .....

I prefer Grills ... all have websites and you can review the menus. All are waterside. Millikan's is the most west and the most expensive (a bit more than the other 3). Grills is adjacent to Terminal One (RCCL).

grills-seafood-30.jpg

grills-seafood-12.jpg

There are other places in this area as well, they come and go, these are the 'anchor stores' of the Cove.

if you are an environmentalist .....

Lionfish is an invasive species doing major damage to the fish populations throughout the Carib' and even here in Canaveral. They don't take a hook, eat anything up to their own size and reproduce like crazy. SCUBA divers are encourage to catch these by spear/gig ..... on the plus side, they are really tasty!!!!!

Grills buys lionfish from divers to serve in their resturaunts (2 locations locally btw) .... as a diver I LIKE this!

http://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

cleaned and cooked whole with a nice glaze it makes a terriffic app' ... the white meat falls off the bones ....

froiled-lionfish-grills.jpg

{I have no association with the place, but have been eating here for 10 years. It is where I take visiting folks and family ....}

Thanks for all of the info, Capt_BJ!! Now I want to try a lionfish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a big fan of Grills. I try to get there at least once a month, love the shrimp cuban. Florida Fresh Grill is quite good, I just found it to be a bit pricier than a place like Grills. You get excellent quality at both places, albeit different atmospheres. Really depends on what you're looking for. Grills is a very short Uber/Taxi ride down the street from your hotel. Either way, lots of great seafood in the area.

We enjoy Rusty’s especially the bacon wrapped scallops. Millie s was just so so. Fish lips was too loud. Going to try Grills next. Lots of good recommendations. The best seafood we have had was at Atlantic Seafood. It is small and not flashy, but the fish was the freshest. You really can’t go wrong at the cove. The observation tower is worth a look too. Cheers!

We enjoy Rusty’s especially the bacon wrapped scallops. Millie s was just so so. Fish lips was too loud. Going to try Grills next. Lots of good recommendations. The best seafood we have had was at Atlantic Seafood. It is small and not flashy, but the fish was the freshest. You really can’t go wrong at the cove. The observation tower is worth a look too. Cheers!

Thank you for the info!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Molly's Seafood is a good place to eat as well. We eat here every time we're in the area.

ugh ... you need to try other places ..... I live here and won't eat there ....

went once and never been back ....