Lover's Beach

NickAndysMom

Does anyone have updated/recent information about getting to Lover's Beach? We've been to Cabo several times via cruise ship, but have never gone to Lover's Beach. (Lack of facilities has always deterred me, but I'd really like to give it a try this time.)

Here's the specific info I'm looking for:

1) We are only in Cabo until 2:00 p.m. Our ship arrives at 7 a.m. , but if we do not take a ship's tour, it will take us awhile to get a tender. Will we have enough time to get to Lover's Beach, spend an hour or 2 there, & make it back to our ship before it leaves?

2) What's it like getting on/off the panga at Lover's Beach? I'm assuming it's similar to getting on & off at Medano, where you have to jump, and that getting back on can be challenging. My 76-year-old parents will be with us. They are relatively mobile, but they are 76, so not as mobile as they were 20 years ago!

3) Anything else I need to know about Lover's Beach? Anything else I should consider when deciding whether or not to go?

Thanks so much for any information or suggestions!

Beverly

I am 69 and was at Lover's Beach a few weeks ago the same hours you are going to be there. Yes, it can be a challenge getting off and back on the boat. There are locals there to help, and they expect a few dollars tip for their efforts. They are skilled at helping people. I guess it depends on how adventurous your parents are. Try looking at some videos on YouTube to get an idea of how easy or hard it will be for them. An hour or so is probably plenty of time to walk around and maybe even swim. I love it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also suggest getting there on the early side so you can experience the beach before it gets too crowded. If the water taxi driver says Lover's Beach is closed, that means the locals are not there to help you out of the boat. We've gotten there before the locals, and had minimal difficulty getting out on our own. I definitely needed them getting back on the boat. The person made a step with his thigh. I had little trouble, but I was a bit concerned. Also, remember you will be in water at least up to your knees getting on and off the boat at the beach. Have fun! It's beautiful there. The water taxi will take you around Land's End, El Archo, and the Pacific side before dropping you off at the beach. Tell him when you want to be picked up, and he will come back. I've done this numerous times and the same water taxi has always come back for us.

• 1 month later...

We just did this on March 7th. We didn't book through the ship. Look for Felipe of Esperanza's tours in the marina after you leave the tender. Felipe assigned Jorge to us as our captain and we spent $15 per person for two of us for 2 and 1/2 hours. Go early if you can to avoid crowds on the beach. We watched whales breaching just off the beach for 15 minutes. He took us past the arch, past divorce beach, landed us on Lover's Beach (guys helping unload there for tips and will help you back on). Jorge came back on time and took us to other places. It was great and you should have no problem. They have lots of people working and lots of boats and they were reliable. On time, good captain, and very helpful. The tender trip in takes but a few minutes but once again, go early if possible to avoid congestion on the beach. There were 2 people on the beach when we arrived but asthe day went on, lots of people arrived.

The glass bottom boat rides to the arch and lover's beach people described here are for as short or long as you request. You do not have to get off the boat at lover's beach if you don't want to. We have done this trip many times and have never had a problem. The last time in December we spent about an hour and a half between the tour and a stop on lover's beach. That can easily fit in with a half day stop with tome left over to stroll along the pier area.

Thanks, RSF Cruiser! We want scenery, beauty, and R&R versus shopping or more "active" excursions (like zip lining, etc.) so this sound perfect!

We may do a day at the Marriott in PV. Any other scenic/R&R recommendations for PV?

Any scenic/R&R type things to do in Mazatlan?

Thanks!

Thanks, RSF Cruiser! We want scenery, beauty, and R&R versus shopping or more "active" excursions (like zip lining, etc.) so this sound perfect!

We may do a day at the Marriott in PV. Any other scenic/R&R recommendations for PV?

Any scenic/R&R type things to do in Mazatlan?

Thanks!

It's been a while since we've been to Mazatlan or PV. For Mazatlan, we walked from the ship to the light house - you can also take a cab, but we like walking. The area was well traveled and we felt safe. The walk up to the light house (El Faro) gives a beautiful view of the ship and surrounding area. The hike up is a bit steep, but not that long - took maybe half an hour or so. After going to El Faro, we walked along the pathway that follows the ocean and goes into town. We did not walk all of the way to town. The scenery was beautiful.

In PV we do a similar thing - walk from the ship to the malecon (again, if you prefer, you can take the shuttle bus or a taxi). We've been to these ports many times, so we don't take any excursions - just wander about and enjoy the scenery.

• 10 months later...

We are there in March from 10 am til 7pm. I think it is very doable to go to the beach in the morning via glass bottom boat. Then once we are back from the beach, we plan on casually walking along Medano Beach for a massage at the Sand Bar, followed by lunch down below at their restaurant. Then just take a cab back to the pier. That is a nice and relaxing day.