Appetizer Plates for a Bon Voyage Party

Sophia67

We are hosting some of our friends in our cabin for our Bon Voyage party after embarkation. I was planning to pre-order some appetizer plates from the Fun Shops. (We've already pre-ordered decorations and a bottle of bubbly.) The appetizer plates would include Cheese, Meats, and maybe Sushi. My question is, how to we arrange to have them delivered to our cabin for our party? I wouldn't want them waiting in the cabin for us and then going bad (spoiling), but I also know that the crew is extra busy on embarkation day, so I am not sure if we can call room service or our steward for their delivery when it is time for our party. This will be my 14th cruise, yet I've never done this before. Anyone have any words of wisdom on how to arrange for appetizers to be delivered on time for a Bon Voyage party? (I searched the boards and didn't find a previous thread on this question)

I would call the event coordinator for the ship or go directly to GS after boarding (hopefully you have priority boarding and GS so that you can do this immediately). I am sure you are not the first to want to do this so they may have a plan in place for those that do.

I've done this several times before with the canapé trays. When you get to your cabin, you'll find your fun shop order waiting for you if it doesn't require refrigeration. If it does, you'll find a note instead with the number to call when you're ready for delivery.

That sounds simple enough. I suppose that since the Fun Shops purchase has already been made and a delivery date requested that they have enough staff allocated to cover those anticipated sail-away orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI we pre ordered sushi from the fun shops last October and were disappointed. The "sushi" was nothing like it was pictured. The California roll was the only edible roll on the plate. Half of it did not even have fish...just cream cheese and toppings, I had read mixed reviews before I ordered but thought we would give it a try. In my opinion, I would stick with the other appetizers and skip the sushi.

Have a fun party!

FYI we pre ordered sushi from the fun shops last October and were disappointed. The "sushi" was nothing like it was pictured. The California roll was the only edible roll on the plate. Half of it did not even have fish...just cream cheese and toppings, I had read mixed reviews before I ordered but thought we would give it a try. In my opinion, I would stick with the other appetizers and skip the sushi.

Have a fun party!

Even in the real world, there is not fish or seafood on 50% of the sushi items that are made.

Even in the real world, there is not fish or seafood on 50% of the sushi items that are made.

This is true....it was this particular product description and picture we found disappointing. There was no Salmon, Nigiri, octopus uramaki. Like I said before...this was our experience. Maybe on a different ship, a different cruise someone else has had a better experience. I hope so!