Specialty Dining Package or not...

Megan01

We are sailing on a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise on the Silhouette next month. I purchased the 3 night specialty dining package but am having second thoughts. I’m not hearing great things about the specialty restaurants and there are only 6 dining nights as we have a late port day in San Juan. I’m hearing I can get half price specialty dining on embarkation day and then I could always book one or more other nights if we want after that. Is it really worth it to do the 3 night package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is cheaper to get deals on ship and sometimes cheaper to buy individually. I have done specialty dining when I first started cruising , then I realized why am I paying additional money when the main dining is free and has a great selection of food ever evening. Good luck with your decision

For that short cruise, I'd wait until on board and decide if you'd like a change one or two nights. You can easily get 20% off most nights. The mdr food is good and the buffet offers variety. Cancel your package and decide onboard.;p

For that short cruise, I'd wait until on board and decide if you'd like a change one or two nights. You can easily get 20% off most nights. The mdr food is good and the buffet offers variety. Cancel your package and decide onboard.;p

Thanks, I have cancelled and only booked Murano for valentines Day as it was showing minimal availability. I’ll see what’s offered onboard as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In our experience, on most cruises there is someone at the entrance to the buffet offering “deals” to specialty restaurants, in fact we were once “hijacked” from our elevator on the way to the MDR and taken to quisine.

The guy in a quisine uniform asked “what would it take”

I made a low offer, it was accepted and off we went...

You may get about the same pricing as the package DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY!

Great plan to reserve valentines day :)

In our experience, on most cruises there is someone at the entrance to the buffet offering “deals” to specialty restaurants, in fact we were once “hijacked” from our elevator on the way to the MDR and taken to quisine.

The guy in a quisine uniform asked “what would it take”

I made a low offer, it was accepted and off we went...

You may get about the same pricing as the package DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY!

Great plan to reserve valentines day :)

We had a four night package Q Sine poor pacing so slow. Murano too elite, no fun. Tuscan Grille great service with Jesse James and very nice room

But in truth the MDR was best for food and service !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk