UK Reviews of the Week by Hedwig3, wenlyn & Elephant999!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Epic First time cruise blew my mind! by Hedwig3

The word I used most all week must have been 'amazing!'. I was an extremely nervous first time solo traveller. I chose a cruise because of the social promises made by NCL. I was not disappointed. The studio cabins were perfect for one and I was very comfortable, I loved the little touches like the mood lighting, towel sculptures, the dial outside the door to say Do not disturb/ turn down bed...etc. my only criticism of the cabin is that my shower cubicle didn't drain very well so the shower tray filled up within seconds, but it never overflowed so maybe this was a ship thing. After finding my way around I went to the studio lounge at 6.30pm as instructed on a board in the lounge and about 15 of us turned up ranging in age from late 20's to 60's. Continue reading... First time cruise blew my mind!

Queen Mary 2 Suitably impressed by wenlyn

So we decided to visit America by sea and Cunard had a good deal on QM2 so we were going to do it in style. It was only our second cruise (first was on P&O Ventura) and my partner had some concerns at the number of sea days but it turned out they were unfounded. We drove to Southampton and family took the car home so drop off was simple and the embarkation was very smooth we were in our cabin within 45 minutes from arrival at port. There wasn't an obvious map in the foyer to help you orientate yourself in order to find your cabin however by going to our floor it wasn't difficult to find our way there and I had studied the deck plans when our cabin was assigned so had a rough idea of which side we were on. Continue reading... Suitably impressed

Oceana Excellent First Cruise Have no complaints with this ship! by Elephant999

Our first cruise ever so didn't know what to expect, but when we saw Oceana I was overwhelmed with how pretty she is. Embarkation was very well organised and when we boarded we went straight to our Mini Suite which was gorgeous. Our cabin steward was lovely, very attentive and if we asked for something, she would accommodate us. Although there was an outbreak of Norovirus halfway through the cruise, we were luckily not affected. The food was outstanding and the buffet restaurant was pleasant, not dirty at all, as the staff were always busy cleaning away when we were on board. Continue reading... Excellent First Cruise Have no complaints with this ship!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin