Aida 2015 New Build Rendering

cjknox

I'm not sure if you have all seen this already but I found this photo while scouring the internet today of the 2015 New Build. The bow looks very interesting, along with the design structures in the center and aft of the ship. Can't wait to see more.

AIDA-Japan-Neubau-AIDAmitsu-2.jpg

• 1 month later...
Many new pictures :):

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/aida-neue-generation-der-bug-wird-ein-oeffentlicher-bereich/

I think they are going to be so beautiful!

Nice photos - thanks for the link.

I am trying to get more info on AIDA, but can't find much in English!:confused:

How many AIDA cruises have you taken?

Also - I see you traveled Stena lines from Kiel to Gothenburg.

Was that connected with a Volvo purchase??

(We've bought 2 Volvos using European Delivery -- but have not done the Stena Line voyage)

Tell me about it, please.

Thanks;

ET:)

Edited by E2ME2

We traveled with Stena Line just for fun to see Gothenburg. It was my first trip at sea and it was nice :).

You can see my journeys on AIDA in my signature. It is so great to travel with them and after my cruise on Carnival I have to say that it is a good choice to spend more money for a great cruise with AIDA. Carnival doesn't really work for me but I would travel them again if the ports of call are great.

You will not find many English information about AIDA because it's a German brand and the cruises are for German speaking guests. You should speak a little German to go on a cruise with them because everything is in German on board. If you can speak a Little bit you should definetly try AIDA because it is yery good.

http://www.aida.de/en/aida-cruises/company.19043.html

GibbelChrissy

• 1 month later...
I think the inner values count :p! The straight bug will avoid hard movements of the ship. I often get seasick so I will accept the ugly bug :D

So that's what that "BUG" is for!?

Do you think it will work?

ET:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope so :D. Another reason:

"A completely new hull design leads to a substantial increase in energy efficiency. Another innovation in the cruise industry is the use of the Mitsubishi Air Lubrication System (MALS). This advanced technology allows the ships glide on a carpet of air bubbles, causing the fuel consumption is also reduced. State-pod drives also contribute significantly to the reduction of fuel consumption." http://www.aida.de/en/aida-cruises/company/aktuelles/news.23978/article/aidaprima-das-neue-flaggschiff-der-deutschen-kreuzfahrt-1.html

• 3 years later...

I had the pleasure to attend the christening of AIDAperla on Friday. I just started my review with photos of the ship (deck by deck - restaurants, bars, lounges will follow seperately). The review will also cover our cabin and the christening (more what happened that day and sort of "backstage").

Steff79, I like that song too and heard it live during the rehearsals for the christening ceremony sung by the AIDA Stars - everyone had tears in the eyes.

steamboats