NCL Star or RCCL Jewel of Seas or RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas For Med and Greek island

flt1wjh

Hi, my wife and I are planning on taking a 7-night cruise of the Eastern Med and Greek Islands after doing a 10-day land tour of Italy for our 25th anniversary in June 2019. I really need help with picking which cruise would be best. We are trying to decide between NCL STAR out Venice on June 16, 2109, RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas out of Venice on June 15, 2019, or RCCL Jewel of Seas out of Rome on June 16, 2019. This would be our first time in Europe or the Greek Islands. Our Travel agent said he felt Italy was best seen by land and Greece best seen by sea, so thats why we are doing both the land tour and cruise. The price for all three cruises is about the same, so it comes down to the best ship and itinerary. Which one should I choose? I am open to other cruise suggestion as well. Thanks in advance

If it is coming down to ship and itinerary, you'd have to let us know which itinerary each ship does. But research the ports of call to see what one would interest you the most and go from there.

Itineraries equal, between RCI Rhapsody and Jewel, I would choose Jewel as the preferred ship. Never sailed with NCL so can't help there.

Celebrity also has nice Med itineraries as well as a comparison, and any with their "S" class ships would be my choice with them - and probably over either RCI ship, in particular Rhapsody. Not that it isn't a nice ship - as it is - just prefer the others mentioned better.

Here are the itineraries- RCCL- Jewel of the Seas

DatePortArriveDepartSunday, June 16Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy5:00pmMonday, June 17At SeaTuesday, June 18Santorini, Greece1:00pm10:00pmWednesday, June 19Mykonos, Greece8:00am7:00pmThursday, June 20Athens (Piraeus), Greece6:00am6:00pmFriday, June 21Olympia (Katakolon), Greece9:00am5:00pmSaturday, June 22At SeaSunday, June 23

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy5:00am

NCL STAR-

DatePortArriveDepartSunday, June 16Venice, Italy5:00pmMonday, June 17Kotor, Montenegro2:00pm8:00pmTuesday, June 18Corfu, Greece10:00am4:00pmWednesday, June 19Santorini, Greece2:00pm10:00pmThursday, June 20Mykonos, Greece8:00am3:00pmFriday, June 21Argostoli, Greece9:00am3:00pmSaturday, June 22Dubrovnik, Croatia7:00am1:00pmSunday, June 23Venice, Italy8:00am

RCCL Rhapsody

DatePortArriveDepartSaturday, June 15Venice, Italy5:00pmSunday, June 16Dubrovnik, Croatia11:00am7:00pmMonday, June 17Kotor, Montenegro7:00am5:00pmTuesday, June 18At SeaWednesday, June 19Santorini, Greece7:00am5:00pmThursday, June 20Olympia (Katakolon), Greece9:00am5:00pmFriday, June 21At SeaSaturday, June 22Venice, Italy7:00am

Concerning the ships and cruise lines, my choices in order would be Jewel, Rhapsody, Star. Concerning itinerary, my choices in order would be Star, Rhapsody, Jewel. So going by averages, I recommend Rhapsody.