I’ve never booked a suite....

dockhl

This will be our third cruise on the CB. In 2016 we had a mini suite booked and our TA always marks us as "no upgrade" so we don't lose our prefered cabin. In 2016, we received a call from our TA two days before our cruise and were offered a free upgrade for our family of 4. We had a mini on Emerald deck and our adult daughter's were on a Riviera balcony. We took the free upgrade to a family suite plus a lot of OBC. Wonderful time with the exception of the wind on the large balconey. The balcony was hard to use under way, high winds since this cabin was on the front Port side of the ship. We wondered why the deck furniture was all metal, same as the balcony's. Found out the reason on the first night when the winds really picked up and the deck furniture started it's own wind dance. Looked like something out of a B rated science fiction movie. But I would take it again for the same deal.

Last December on the Crown, my TA found an incredible deal on a mini suite for under $1000 including taxes and port fees. Seems the hurricane had done so much damage in the islands that a lot of folks had cancelled. We were offered an upsell from our mini on Emerald deck to a suite on this cruise but turned it down. As an after thought, should have done it. Would have paid less for the suite than a normal balcony cabin. Most of the ocean view cabins on the starboard side were empty on Emerald.

For our upcoming cruise in August, my TA called me with an upsell offer to move from our Emerald mini to an aft Owners Suite, $459 per person. We took it because of the extra perks. You just never know when the offers will come your way.

Interesting discussion. Never heard of a window suite until this thread, guess I haven't been paying attention. Can see where they would be of benefit for a large family though. To me a full suite should have a balcony. We have never booked one until now, this November my sister-in-law is going with us, the full suite gives us two toilets.

We only booked window cabins our first 200 to 300 days of sailing, then we booked a balcony. True, you never look back once you do that. Nowadays, I'm not satisfied with a simple balcony, need a mini-suite. No mini-suite no cruise.

We have had a few upsale offers for full suites, doesn't happen very often since it appears to me suites book out early. We rarely book for less than three weeks. Upsale offers for full suites usually go something like this, you get a full suite for an additional $3,000 over what the mini is costing, marked down from an additional $8,000. The only time we considered going that route the offer was long gone by the time I read my morning email, we are in the last US time zone west (almost), so the easterners get first dibs.

On most lines, "mini-suite" is a misnomer. A suite is supposed to mean multiple rooms. The cruise lines got around that by placing a draw curtain through half of the cabin. We like that, as my wife reads late therefore can have a light on in the half with the couch. Now we notice, they have even eliminated the curtain but still call them mini-suites.

I have never seen a post about someone with a balcony being offered an upsell to a window suite. Thus they probably only make these offers to someone with an oceanview cabin.

My same experience from those I've chatted with. Upsell/upgrade from ocean view cabins.

We have never booked one until now, this November my sister-in-law is going with us, the full suite gives us two toilets.

Full suites only have one toilet (but two part bathroom). A secret perk to the Window Suites are public bathrooms down the hall toward the Princess Theater. Need to know stuff like this.

Moki'smommy: I am surprised to hear that there are still WS available on your cruise. My cruise has been booked for months. I keep checking to see if my "favorite" stateroom is released....

Moki'smommy: I am surprised to hear that there are still WS available on your cruise. My cruise has been booked for months. I keep checking to see if my "favorite" stateroom is released....

We are actually on a B2B. One leg has one WS available, the other leg has 3. Makes no sense to me....but then I got what I needed!

but was wondering if there is a particular sale that makes it most affordable? We don’t need a drinks package but are happy with OBC, etc. A discount on the cabin itself would probably be best!

(I was hoping to book a Sky Suite for our 10th anniversary but it seems that ship has sailed....so to speak :'))

For most cruises at the time I book, I'm paying less than 20% what a suite costs per person. While I understand why people get a suite, it's just not something we need. We spend little time in the room, so a suite is of no benefit to us. If we were in there every day and evening for many hours I would probably reconsider, but for me, I can go on multiple cruises for what a suite costs.

Full suites only have one toilet (but two part bathroom). Need to know stuff like this.

Huh-----I certainly hope you are wrong. Princess schematic for the Pacific Princess clearly shows two toilets. Maybe they lie? But then, so does some of the reviews for the suite we have booked: https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/pa-pacific-princess/index.html

"Spacious closet. Large bathroom with whirlpool tub. Guest bathroom. Approximately 786 to 962 square feet including balcony."

"7114 is the aft port-side stateroom. There's a guest bathroom right inside the door, then the living area with a couch, two chairs, and cocktail table, plus a table for four, doors to the balcony, and a refrigerator and large TV in a big entertainment center; with a suite you get free laundry and dry cleaning, as well as free rental from the DVD library. Passing by the dining table you enter the separate sleeping/closet/bathroom area, with a curtain to pull across for privacy, and a desk by the second set of balcony doors. The bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub with two shower head attachments; very relaxing! There are two mirrored doors with shelves behind so plenty of room for both of us to spread our toiletries out."

"The positives. Suite was large with a separate living room/dining room and bedroom. Also had 2 bathrooms, one full bath and one half bath."

Princess has many different types and prices of suites. My guess is that they are not all the same. I've only stayed in a window suite, which was not what I'd seen as a "suite" on other lines at all. It was really just a large room, large HA bathroom, and suite perks. Again, it may have been different because it was the HA WS. Note--I'm not complaining, just reporting.

My error. Have never cruised on the Pacific Princess. I know she is special. Is this like an owner's suite? Enjoy her. Heard she is wonderful.

Huh-----I certainly hope you are wrong. Princess schematic for the Pacific Princess clearly shows two toilets. Maybe they lie? But then, so does some of the reviews for the suite we have booked: https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/pa-pacific-princess/index.html

"Spacious closet. Large bathroom with whirlpool tub. Guest bathroom. Approximately 786 to 962 square feet including balcony."

"7114 is the aft port-side stateroom. There's a guest bathroom right inside the door, then the living area with a couch, two chairs, and cocktail table, plus a table for four, doors to the balcony, and a refrigerator and large TV in a big entertainment center; with a suite you get free laundry and dry cleaning, as well as free rental from the DVD library. Passing by the dining table you enter the separate sleeping/closet/bathroom area, with a curtain to pull across for privacy, and a desk by the second set of balcony doors. The bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub with two shower head attachments; very relaxing! There are two mirrored doors with shelves behind so plenty of room for both of us to spread our toiletries out."

"The positives. Suite was large with a separate living room/dining room and bedroom. Also had 2 bathrooms, one full bath and one half bath."

The only one-cabin accommodations with bathroom seating for two are the Family Suites on the Grand-class ships and the Owner's Suites and Penthouse Suites on Pacific Princess. When I read the post in question above I assumed it was referring to the latter--but it does come across as a general statement implying all suites having two toilets, at least to those not in the know.

(*also the Sky Suites on Sky Princess will join the above list of double-throne cabins next year)

When I read the post in question above I assumed it was referring to the latter--but it does come across as a general statement implying all suites having two toilets, at least to those not in the know.

Yea, true, didn't mean to mislead. In my first post, #57, I was referring to our having booked our first full suite ever, since my sister-in-law was going with us and the suite had "two" toilets, this was a big factor for us when deciding to book a suite. I wasn't aware that it was so rare for other Princess vessels to have two toilets in suites. That is good to know, from a more than two in a cabin standpoint that would be a negative for us. We would be better off with two adjacent minis. In fact, it was a deterrent, as I should have guessed that the Pacific Princess suites might be different since we looked close at a similar Regent itinerary, particularly the suites on Regent's Seven Seas Explorer, which has 13 different classes of suites, only the top four have more than one bathroom and only the top three have at least two full baths.

In my second post though, #60, I mentioned the Pacific Princess and included a link to a typical cabin diagram for their 10 full suites, so it should have been clear I was referring to that vessel's suites only. The Pacific is R-3 of the eight "R" vessels from the defunct Renaissance cruise line. Oceania has four, Azmara two, P&O one and Princess one. I know that on Oceania you have to pay for a butler in order to get a mini-suite on deck 8, let alone having to do so for a full suite, you don't have to do that on the Pacific Princess.

Edited by kennicott

Yup......:D:D:D

Bob

I'm a tiny bit ashamed to say that we partially upgraded our mini Suite to a Suite on our next Cruise just because we have no idea where we would eat breakfast lol. sabatini's is probably our favorite perk and I couldn't give it up.

OK, now I HAVE to ask....what makes a Sabatini's breakfast so much better than the MDR?

There are relatively few people there, and the food is made to order. There is a menu, but they will make essentially any breakfast item that you can think of, even if it does not appear on the menu. It is served hot, fresh, etc. Nothing sits out waiting for a server to take it to you--you can actually see the kitchen and know when your food comes up; chances are that the server is right there.

If you have a preference for seasoning, sides, etc., it will happen your way.

There are relatively few people there' date=' and the food is made to order. There is a menu, but they will make essentially any breakfast item that you can think of, even if it does not appear on the menu. It is served hot, fresh, etc. Nothing sits out waiting for a server to take it to you--you can actually see the kitchen and know when your food comes up; chances are that the server is right there.

If you have a preference for seasoning, sides, etc., it will happen your way.[/quote']

As previously mentioned we booked our first full suite for this November. You, and others, keep mentioning breakfast in Sabatini's, as if it is a perk when you book a full suite. I can't find any such pertinent language in the full suite amenities listing, etc. that says that. We are elites and have been for years, booking mini-suites, so know it isn't there. Maybe they don't have this on the Pacific Princess, but they do have a Sabatini's.

This from the Princess web site

PREMIER DINING ON YOUR SCHEDULE

• Exclusive Club Class Dining in the Main Dining Room for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days
  • Priority Specialty Dining Reservations
  • Upgraded Priority Room Service Menu with full lunch and dinner offerings
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)*
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation day

No it doesn't say "Sabatini's." In fact, on the Golden I've been told that the breakfast is in the Crown Grill. But the bottom line is that it is a daily mimosa breakfast in one of the specialty dining rooms.

It is not an elite perk, it is not a mini perk or a club class mini perk. It is full suites only (as far as I know). The asterisk will tell you that it is not available on disembarkation day if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. On disembarkation day you can have a club class breakfast.

This from the Princess web site

PREMIER DINING ON YOUR SCHEDULE

• Exclusive Club Class Dining in the Main Dining Room for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days
  • Priority Specialty Dining Reservations
  • Upgraded Priority Room Service Menu with full lunch and dinner offerings
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)*
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation day

No it doesn't say "Sabatini's." In fact, on the Golden I've been told that the breakfast is in the Crown Grill. But the bottom line is that it is a daily mimosa breakfast in one of the specialty dining rooms.

It is not an elite perk, it is not a mini perk or a club class mini perk. It is full suites only (as far as I know). The asterisk will tell you that it is not available on disembarkation day if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. On disembarkation day you can have a club class breakfast.

Thanks, I sort of guessed that the secret was in the "Mimosa" language. So you say that you can enjoy a regular breakfast without partaking in the "Mimosa"? Anyway, thanks, I learned something else today.

Thanks, I sort of guessed that the secret was in the "Mimosa" language. So you say that you can enjoy a regular breakfast without partaking in the "Mimosa"? Anyway, thanks, I learned something else today.

We did the mimosa a couple days (10 night cruise), but we did the breakfast every day. Never did the specialty coffee either as we aren't coffee drinkers. But the breakfast was amazing without those things.