Bottle of Bailey's for the cabin?

t-bird.tim

We want to have a bottle of Bailey's in the room for our morning coffee. Our TA called princess and was told that it had to be ordered when we are on the ship. Has anyone done this? You can pre order other booze for the room on the Princess site but not the Baileys.

We want to have a bottle of Bailey's in the room for our morning coffee. Our TA called princess and was told that it had to be ordered when we are on the ship. Has anyone done this? You can pre order other booze for the room on the Princess site but not the Baileys.

I would hope you could just bring along a bottle of it. Float a little on a hot fudge Sundae. hmmmmm.

I've never seen Baileys on the room service menu--just liquors like gin, rum, Scotch, and vodka. On one Christmas cruise, I found a bar that opened early in the morning so we could add a shot of amaretto to our eggnog.

Costco has something similar with slightly less alcohol, so it is taxed like a wine rather than a spirit. I use it in my morning coffee. Here in WA the cost is less than half of Baileys. I also noticed a non-alcoholic version of Baileys in the coffee-cream section of a local store here. I plan to try it and if it is OK, take some aboard our next cruise.

As a big fan of Baileys, I know that until very recently not even the bars had Baileys. Only some imitation not to my liking. I was very happy to find Baileys on my cruises this year finally. I have been known to smuggle the little single serving Baileys aboard, but won't find that necessary now. I didn't check the offerings onboard, but I know it wasn't available to purchase pre-cruise.

As a big fan of Baileys, I know that until very recently not even the bars had Baileys. Only some imitation not to my liking. I was very happy to find Baileys on my cruises this year finally. I have been known to smuggle the little single serving Baileys aboard, but won't find that necessary now. I didn't check the offerings onboard, but I know it wasn't available to purchase pre-cruise.

I've been hesitant to smuggle Baileys in a RumRunner since they say to refrigerate Baileys after opening it. This new non alcoholic Baileys might be the way to go.

I'll have to taste it although I suspect it just not as good.

I've been hesitant to smuggle Baileys in a RumRunner since they say to refrigerate Baileys after opening it. This new non alcoholic Baileys might be the way to go.

I'll have to taste it although I suspect it just not as good.

That's interesting, I've never refrigerated Baileys after opening and on rare occasions a bottle sits on the shelf for weeks from opening to last shot. I was going to check what it says on the bottle but the last bottle was emptied recently.:whiskey-glass:

That's interesting, I've never refrigerated Baileys after opening and on rare occasions a bottle sits on the shelf for weeks from opening to last shot. I was going to check what it says on the bottle but the last bottle was emptied recently.:whiskey-glass:

I think I might have been overly cautious about refrigerating. It does say it should be after opening but it doesn't appear that it will go bad that quickly.

I'm going to give it a try next cruise since it'll be in my suitcase un-refrigerated for only 24 hours.

Only way to get Baileys is to order by the glass. No bottles are sold. By the way, the following is from the Baileys official website:

“Baileys is the only cream liqueur that guarantees its taste for 2 years from the day it was made, opened or unopened, stored in the fridge or not when stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature range of 0-25 degrees centigrade.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess Gifts and Services does not list Baileys as available. Looks like, as others have said, it’s by the glass.

However, they did have it in their liquor store so I was able to get a bottle the last day of our back to back for the next two weeks.