On Hold with P&O

newport dave

Just been on hold for 1hr 34mins!!!

Is this normal? Or is it a regular occurrence, absolutely shocking. When someone did answer, they couldn't help!!!

I would send an e-mail to customerservices@pocruises.com stating what you have written above asking for someone to phone you ( give them a time and phone number when they can contact you) Hope you get a better response and answer .

Quite normal unfortunately, but on a positive note they are keeping the base cost of cruising with them as low as the service standards....we pay our money and make our choice ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would send an e-mail to customerservices@pocruises.com stating what you have written above asking for someone to phone you ( give them a time and phone number when they can contact you) Hope you get a better response and answer .
Was only a small issue, which in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter. Didn't waste my time though, had plenty of other stuff to do whilst waiting for them to answer.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

An advantage of using a travel agent - any problems, they have to contact P&O. Either they have a quick answer direct line or are the ones on hold. I had a couple of issues with my current booking, the agent sorted them out (turned out to be a boo-boo by P&O)

An advantage of using a travel agent - any problems, they have to contact P&O. Either they have a quick answer direct line or are the ones on hold. I had a couple of issues with my current booking, the agent sorted them out (turned out to be a boo-boo by P&O)
I am booked through a travel agent, but, as stated above, the problem was that minor it wasn't worth involving them and wasting their time.

Just been on hold for 1hr 34mins!!!

Is this normal? Or is it a regular occurrence, absolutely shocking. When someone did answer, they couldn't help!!!

I think I replied to your post on P and o social media page as I was on hold for 1 hour and 16 minutes before putting the phone down on saturday.I too book through a TA but I had booked The Limelight Club for our cruise on Britannia and had been charged twice.As I had booked through cruise personaliser i wanted to speak to someone at P and O as I had not booked via the TA. In the end I sent a personal message via their social media page who said they would sort it out.I have sent an e mail to the CEO (although things probably won t change)to say it would really help to be told where you are in the queue.I also phoned the freephone number but I think its terrible that otherwise people are paying to hold on!:(

I think I replied to your post on P and o social media page as I was on hold for 1 hour and 16 minutes before putting the phone down on saturday.I too book through a TA but I had booked The Limelight Club for our cruise on Britannia and had been charged twice.As I had booked through cruise personaliser i wanted to speak to someone at P and O as I had not booked via the TA. In the end I sent a personal message via their social media page who said they would sort it out.I have sent an e mail to the CEO (although things probably won t change)to say it would really help to be told where you are in the queue.I also phoned the freephone number but I think its terrible that otherwise people are paying to hold on!:(
Yes, it was me. I use an app on my mobile phone WEQ4U which works over WiFi. So if it recognises the number you're ringing it does it for free. It's a bit like an automated version of the website saynoto0870. I was ringing because we'd also booked something on the personaliser and P&O system had changed my wife's email to an ancient one that is no longer in use, and had sent the confirmation there. Surprisingly, they were unable to resend the confirmation to the correct email...[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

They have had the same problem for way over a year now. High call volumes is a dressed up way of saying ‘not enough staff to deal with demand’.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i'm sure you are correct.However I did suggest having a system to know where you are in the queue (to help know whether its worth holding on or phoning back)so i'm hoping they will consider something similar.Plenty of other companies do.I think its a case of P and O not being organised when there are not enough staff to deal with demand.

I rang them twice last week in the morning's around 9am and got right through sounds like I was lucky

I think your experience is the norm and not lucky. Whenever I ring them, I get answered fairly promptly, never more than a 5 minute wait. We just don’t read about things going right because we don’t ‘report’ them on forums such as this. Obviously things sometimes go wrong but never in my experience.

Ive rang then twice since the new year. One time I got straight through. The other time spent over 2 hours on the line before connected to a advisor gave up twice after about 45 mins.

I agree with previous poster a “ you are ** number in the queue “ would be helpful. Then would people could choose whether to hang on or try later.

Ive rang then twice since the new year. One time I got straight through. The other time spent over 2 hours on the line before connected to a advisor gave up twice after about 45 mins.

I agree with previous poster a “ you are ** number in the queue “ would be helpful. Then would people could choose whether to hang on or try later.

Though number in the queue is only half the story

You are number 50 in the queue but we have 30 operators working today

Or

You are number 8 in the queue but we only have one operator today

Though number in the queue is only half the story

You are number 50 in the queue but we have 30 operators working today

Or

You are number 8 in the queue but we only have one operator today

I think its partly that sometimes you get through quickly is part of the problem.I too have been put through fairly quickly at times but that means that you(well me!) tends to think 'It won t be much longer, then it gets to 20 mins etc and you are torn between holding on even longer or giving up.I agree that number 50 in the queue with 30 operators is preferable to 1 with 8th in the queue but often with a queuing system you have some idea by how quickly the numbers in the queue go down.It probably didn t help that when i had the problem it was just after Christmas at the weekend.Hopefully I will have better luck next time i need to phone!