Cabin choice on Oceana

smileon

Any advice regarding cabin choice would be greatWe are looking at either HE grade balcony ( forward) or HD grade ( aft) on Oceana. Probably deck C or B-want cabins above and below and not public spaces.

Which do people prefer forward or aft/ port or starboard?

Are there any balconys/ cabins that are bigger-we have benefitted from the large balcony on C deck on Azura-is there anything similar on Oceana?

Thank you for any advice/thoughts.

No only small balconys on Oceana. We stayed in B532 (Twice) and liked the position, cabins above and below.

Aren't the balconies on Oceana a different design to Azura/Ventura in that they are "cut out" from the structure of the ship so have a more enclosed feeling....just thought I had read it somewhere ?

Aren't the balconies on Oceana a different design to Azura/Ventura in that they are "cut out" from the structure of the ship so have a more enclosed feeling....just thought I had read it somewhere ?

This is true. Balconies on Oceana are of the "Hull Cut Out" type where you step through patio doors leading to the balcony which is formed by the metal side of the ship having a giant square shape cut out of it, the lower half being protected by bars and a hand rail. The depth of the balcony is about the width of a wide chair.

Biggest balconies are available on the actual stern of the ship. These are the top grade of mini-suite and suites. If you upgrade to mini-suite on Oceana this is a double fronted style set up with larger cut outs and two lots of them except those on the aft which are even bigger. At this stage of ship design they created mini-suites where the enlargement ran along the side of the ship, more modern designs run deeper into the centre of the ship. This is a more cost effective arrangement and more profitable for the cruise line but less attractive to the passenger. All Balcony Cabins have exactly the same size narrow balcony the width of the cabin.

So balcony choice is basically A,B or C plus Lido. Personally I would go Lido favouring front end of the run but that is me. The big must thing to avoid is being under the open deck portion of Lido where loungers are going to be scraped in and out daily by crew. Port and Starboard only come in for me where I want to be above warm spa and not noisy gym half of the health and fitness centre or where you are travelling across an ocean where facing south is best for me.

Hope this helps you.

Regards John

Edited by john watson