Seaside MDR table for 2

new.b.cruiser

Are you "any time" or do you have a set seating time?

If you're set for any time, which we were on the Christmas sailing, you're likely to be seated at a table for 2 unless you say otherwise. The three of us were never seated with another group in there, and I don't recall seeing it happen to anyone else, either. They were set up with plenty of smaller tables in the any time section.

If you've got a set seating time, just go see the maitre d' after boarding and ask where you're seated, and if it's with others, ask if you can be moved.

Thanks, we have the fantasica, so I think it's early flexible. I 'll see what happens the 1st night and take it from there. Glad to hear there are lots of small tables though!

Fantastica has a set dining time allocated, the best thing is go to see the Maitre d’ when you get on board. You may have to sit at your allocated table the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you have MyChoice dining (with an Aurea booking) it's unlikely that you will be successful in getting a table for 2 as they are few and far between and are usually assigned to those celebrating a special event such as a milestone birthday or wedding anniversary. They are also reserved for people with disabilities. You'll find that you're way down on the list - further down than others who have sailed regularly with MSC (Black Card holders will be at the top of the list) who are also seeking a 2-top.

We booked a Fantastica Cabin on the Meraviglia when they were advertising it as coming with Flexible dining, which as stated above has now been taken away. It sounds like you also booked when they were offering this from your reply in post 3.

I've since contacted them regarding this (and my dissatisfaction that I had to find out about it via CC). They have taken my request for a table for 2 and said they will do their best to honour it. I hope they manage to as some kind of compensation for taking Flexible dining away- but we will see. It is MSC we are dealing with after all.

We booked a Fantastica Cabin on the Meraviglia when they were advertising it as coming with Flexible dining, which as stated above has now been taken away. It sounds like you also booked when they were offering this from your reply in post 3.

I've since contacted them regarding this (and my dissatisfaction that I had to find out about it via CC). They have taken my request for a table for 2 and said they will do their best to honour it. I hope they manage to as some kind of compensation for taking Flexible dining away- but we will see. It is MSC we are dealing with after all.

I sincerely hope that they do facilitate you, Squish. So many people were let down on Meraviglia with the failure of the flexi-dining concept. I know if I'd had a Fantastica booking, I would have been very disappointed.

I sincerely hope that they do facilitate you, Squish. So many people were let down on Meraviglia with the failure of the flexi-dining concept. I know if I'd had a Fantastica booking, I would have been very disappointed.

I will certainly report back afterwards! If not we may end up in the buffet every night. I'm an introverted type who regards the idea of sharing a table with mild horror- I want to spend quality time with my husband, not make awkward small talk with strangers. To be honest I probably wouldn't have booked if I knew we'd have set dining as it is that big of a deal to me. But we will make the best of it.

Anyway, on a side note I don't understand why MSC finds the concept so difficult. Almost every other mainstream cruise line offers a mix of fixed and anytime dining for all passengers and manages to pull it off just fine.

I will certainly report back afterwards! If not we may end up in the buffet every night. I'm an introverted type who regards the idea of sharing a table with mild horror- I want to spend quality time with my husband, not make awkward small talk with strangers. To be honest I probably wouldn't have booked if I knew we'd have set dining as it is that big of a deal to me. But we will make the best of it.

Anyway, on a side note I don't understand why MSC finds the concept so difficult. Almost every other mainstream cruise line offers a mix of fixed and anytime dining for all passengers and manages to pull it off just fine.

I'm now booking Aurea at a minimum for MyChoice dining as, like you, I'm less than keen on sharing a table with strangers. My parents used to cruise with us so it wasn't an issue when we first started cruising as we always had a table for 4 (except one time on a TA where we shared an 8-top with 3 others).

It's been the one thing that's played on my mind before every cruise when we've only had a Fantastica booking. However, we've been very fortunate in scoring a table for two with the various m'Ds we've dealt with. But I'd prefer not to be in the position of always having to ask - hence all future bookings will be Aurea at least.

Im going on msc seaside in july with my wife..we have paid our deposit for bella and are not sure if we need a drinks package..(alcohol) now we are not big drinkers just maybe some wine with meals and a beer or 2..can someone please suggest is better to purchase drinks during meals and in bars rather than paying for a drinks package for both..is it expensive to buy drinks separately..thanks...ps..this is our first cruise...

Im going on msc seaside in july with my wife..we have paid our deposit for bella and are not sure if we need a drinks package..(alcohol) now we are not big drinkers just maybe some wine with meals and a beer or 2..can someone please suggest is better to purchase drinks during meals and in bars rather than paying for a drinks package for both..is it expensive to buy drinks separately..thanks...ps..this is our first cruise...

If you are in the US suggest you upgrade to Fantastica I believe you got 12 drink vouchers each and also buy the wine package which is 7 bottles of wine served with dinner. Or get the classic drink package.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg I hear You, I was on a Rcl cruise and got stuck at a large group table. We went to the mdr the 1st night and that was it. I find it awkward, and small talk with people I don't know can be tiring... not what I'm looking for on vacation. I am black status though so hoping that will give me some kind of advantage...

We got the Fantastica class that includes 12 drink vouchers per person. We also bought the 18 drink package which was about 100$ only. We aren't big drinkers either so this option seemed perfect for us.

That looks like a good package for us..thank you..i was thinking maybe i will wait and see whats on offer when i am checking in onbord...videos on youtube dont give much info on these packages..

That looks like a good package for us..thank you..i was thinking maybe i will wait and see whats on offer when i am checking in onbord...videos on youtube dont give much info on these packages..

The 18 drink package is no longer available.