Wedding

chris11256

Wondering if anyone has had any experience of a Wedding at Sea with P&O? My girlfriend & I are getting married on Ventura in June 2019. We do gave friends & family coming, although they've all booked separately as it was slightly easier.

We haven't yet decided on after ceremony dining(appreciate that this isn't booked until 4 months prior), but girlfriend has already decided she wants the tiered chocolate cake. :)

Also was interested to read that we apparently get priority boarding. Does this mean we can arrive whenever, or we get priority within our assigned slot?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Typically as people arrive at the terminal they get given a plastic letter A - Z from a couple of ladies who allocate them. Which letter you get is as a result of showing them your e-ticket. Everybody then sits and waits until their letter is called. The system varies according to which terminal you are sailing from and some do not use a letters system.

Priority boarders are allowed to board with the first group if they turn up early. If they turn up later they might give you the next to go through letter e.g. if K is checking in you might be given an L for a short wait or they might put you in the small check in area at the side avoiding the large zig-zag roped off system. This small check in desk area normally has a short queue. So basically turn up when you want. Others turning up with K checking in might get an X and have to wait a long time.

If others travelling with you are not arriving at the terminal at the same time as you their e-tickets may not have priority boarding assigned to them and therefore have to wait. However if you happen to meet them within the terminal I should tell the ladies you are one big group that wishes to board together and see what they say.

Regards John

Wondering if anyone has had any experience of a Wedding at Sea with P&O? My girlfriend & I are getting married on Ventura in June 2019. We do gave friends & family coming, although they've all booked separately as it was slightly easier.

We haven't yet decided on after ceremony dining(appreciate that this isn't booked until 4 months prior), but girlfriend has already decided she wants the tiered chocolate cake. :)

Also was interested to read that we apparently get priority boarding. Does this mean we can arrive whenever, or we get priority within our assigned slot?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I don't know about weddings however we celebrated our silver wedding a few years ago now and did the renewal of vows package on P&O and the whole process was beautifully done from start to finish.

We had our own "wedding" planner who took care of all the details onboard for us. We met with her on the second day of the cruise and she went over all the arrangements for the ceremony, cake, flowers, photography and dining.

The bouquet and button holes were delivered to the cabin on the morning of the ceremony.

The ceremony was in a lovely private room set out for the occasion with flower arrangements etc the captain did the renewal and then there was champagne immediately after in the room and the cake cutting (we chose to do it this way but there other choices if you are a bigger group). The ship provides staff to serve etc

The cake was exactly what we had ordered and what was left was boxed up and sent to our cabin. We had a traditional fruit cake and it was delicious and as well iced as anything from a bridal bakery.

We then went with the photographer to get pictures, they suggest good locations but again you can pick what you want. They don't charge for the photographers time, only for the pictures and as they take lots you have a great choice.

We chose a speciality restaurant and the wedding planner booked this for us. The table was again beautifully decorated (in our case with silver and white and 25 sprinkles etc) and the attention and service first rate. The celebrity chef was onboard at the time so he came to our table to say congratulations and gave us a card and gift which was very kind.

I have had issues with P&O and people on this board will tell you that I speak my mind and will certainly say when I am not happy about anything however on this occasion I would sing their praises. Everything was perfect and that was just for an anniversary so I am sure they will pull out all the stops for a wedding.

Happy to answer any questions you may have if I can.

There were a couple of weddings on our cruise last summer. I got chatting to a guest from one of the parties (mother of the bride) and she was full of praise for the whole event - organisation, attention to detail, being made to feel special. She admitted she had been very "anti" when the idea of a cruise wedding was first mooted, but was a complete convert.

Daughter of a friend got married on Oceania. They said P and O were fantastic. They have a wedding planner who helps with everything. Were given crystal glasses as a present from P and O. Nothing too much trouble. I say go for it.

We married on P&O last year. The only real issue with had was with dining arrangements. At the time, P&O advertised incentives to bring 20+ in the wedding party. However they didn't have the ability to cater for that many in the speciality resturants. The only solution was to have a few tables together in the MDR, which was a bit of a let-down. Otherwise it was a great day. I'm sure you'll both love it.

We married on P&O last year. The only real issue with had was with dining arrangements. At the time, P&O advertised incentives to bring 20+ in the wedding party. However they didn't have the ability to cater for that many in the speciality resturants. The only solution was to have a few tables together in the MDR, which was a bit of a let-down. Otherwise it was a great day. I'm sure you'll both love it.

Thanks. We've yet to make up our minds on dining. Can't decide between MDR & Epicurean. Think we're going to have about 15 guests.

It is lovely when the bride, groom and all their party enter the main dining room. Everyone stands up, claps and cheers. Don't know if that happens in Epicurean. If the wedding day itself is somewhere hot, the Epicurean has a lovely outside area to the back of the ship.

• 11 months later...
14 hours ago, Katiefllr said:

We are getting married on p&o Ventura on the 4th June 19 as well . 

We so can't wait and can't wait till the paper work is in so we can finalise loads of the wedding . 

Good luck on your wedding too Chris  

Congratulations!  What a coincidence, looks like we're on the same cruise(N914).

Our wedding is the 6th June, on the sea day between Cadiz & Barcelona. As we think it's likely to be a formal night on that day, we're having a light lunch in the MDR rather the special menu. I've also managed to persuade the bride to be that we don't need as three tier cake for 12 people!

Have also confirmed with the weddings team that we can arrive & board as 12:30 as well regardless of e ticket time. :) 

51 minutes ago, chris11256 said:

Congratulations!  What a coincidence, looks like we're on the same cruise(N914).

Our wedding is the 6th June, on the sea day between Cadiz & Barcelona. As we think it's likely to be a formal night on that day, we're having a light lunch in the MDR rather the special menu. I've also managed to persuade the bride to be that we don't need as three tier cake for 12 people!

Have also confirmed with the weddings team that we can arrive & board as 12:30 as well regardless of e ticket time. 🙂

Yes we are on the same cruise , yes we was told about 12.30 check in too . 

We have only gone for a 2 tier as we only have 14 guests. 

Our wedding is at 3.30 so we are paying extra to have a sit down meal in the glass house at night . 

Done wedding favours and table decs ECT which they said they will lay out for us . 

Can't bloody wait not long to go 

Hopefully the weather will be lovely 😀😀😀