Singapore Hotel

icat2000

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your responses. I haven't booked yet but have been doing some research. I think I'm going to book at the Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore. I'm only there for one night and they have a free shuttle. Can get a rate of $169 AUD.

Thanks for all your responses. I haven't booked yet but have been doing some research. I think I'm going to book at the Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore. I'm only there for one night and they have a free shuttle. Can get a rate of $169 AUD.

Sarah you should be happy with that hotel. It's pretty hard to get a hotel in Singapore under $200 now so thats a good deal. It is just up the road from where my son and daughter in law live. One word of caution there is some building happening right next door so make sure that you tell them to put you in a hotel on the other side of the building and you will be fine:)

It is out of the city centre, but close to the airport and a good shopping centre nearby. We are actually going to Singapore next week for 16 days to visit our family and again in Nov before our cruise.

Sarah you should be happy with that hotel. It's pretty hard to get a hotel in Singapore under $200 now so thats a good deal. It is just up the road from where my son and daughter in law live. One word of caution there is some building happening right next door so make sure that you tell them to put you in a hotel on the other side of the building and you will be fine:)

It is out of the city centre, but close to the airport and a good shopping centre nearby. We are actually going to Singapore next week for 16 days to visit our family and again in Nov before our cruise.

Thanks. That price didn't include tax. Its 183 AUD including tax. I think its still a reasonable price so I have booked it. Have a great time visiting your family. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Check www.booking.com to choose hotel in your price range. We're staying at Novotel Clarke Quay in Feb '13 for $166 which includes breakfast and no cancellation fee, something I always check.

Thanks for the tip. I did end up booking this hotel through booking.com. The hotel have already charged the account.

I'm arriving SIN at O'dark early (maybe around midnight or 1am). My connecting flight departs at 7:30am. Wondering if there is a hotel w/in the airport or anywhere to obtain some zzz privately. I'm not a fan napping in the gate area w my valuables on my person. Unsure I could stay awake fr midnight to morning at the gate.

I'm arriving SIN at O'dark early (maybe around midnight or 1am). My connecting flight departs at 7:30am. Wondering if there is a hotel w/in the airport or anywhere to obtain some zzz privately. I'm not a fan napping in the gate area w my valuables on my person. Unsure I could stay awake fr midnight to morning at the gate.

There is a transit hotel within Changi Airport, where you can book, in 6 hour blocks, which would be perfect for your needs -

http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel

I perused the Changi airport transit website. However, it appears my arriving flight is w/in Terminal 3 (where the in-transit hotel & services are located), but my departing flight is Terminal 1. Unsure if this mKes a difference?

I perused the Changi airport transit website. However, it appears my arriving flight is w/in Terminal 3 (where the in-transit hotel & services are located), but my departing flight is Terminal 1. Unsure if this mKes a difference?

Getting from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 won't be a problem.

http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around/getting-around-the-airport/inter-terminal-transfer

We will return to Singapore from 30 days of cruising Dec. 1. Since our flight back to the U.S. departs at 6 a.m. the next morning, we don't need anything fancy.

I have gone back and forth on this. Today I downgraded my reservation from a better hotel to Fragrance Hotel Sapphire. About $80, including taxes.

I'm perfectly willing to spend money when that is called for. However, a partial night in Singapore is not my idea of splurging.

I still think the transit hotel at the airport is a good idea. We will arrive in Singapore at 1:30 AM in the morning. We will book the 6 hour block then have breakfast at the airport before trnsfering to our Singapore hotel. Cost will be less than $100.

We will return to Singapore from 30 days of cruising Dec. 1. Since our flight back to the U.S. departs at 6 a.m. the next morning, we don't need anything fancy.

I have gone back and forth on this. Today I downgraded my reservation from a better hotel to Fragrance Hotel Sapphire. About $80, including taxes.

I'm perfectly willing to spend money when that is called for. However, a partial night in Singapore is not my idea of splurging.

Check the reviews on Trip Advisor for the Fragrance hotel chain. We were less than impressed.

Did you stay? Or are you just talking about reviews? (If you read the reviews of most any less than ***** hotel in Singapore, many are less than complimentary).

We have been to Singapore before. The hotel scene can be complicated because most rooms, regardless of category, have been designed for midgets. With taxes and such, prices creep up.

As I said, we'll be checking out of our hotel about 3:30 a.m. to go to the airport. Why would I overpay for a short stay or for a breakfast that won't be served until 7 a.m.?

General Max -- I'm posting this only to continue what I said before. Which in turn underscores that we all make individual decisions. Whether anyone else is happy, who cares, as long as we are happy.

This applies to your plan to check into an airport hotel and after some napping transfer to your real hotel. I wouldn't do it myself for the following reason: Various hotels in Singapore offer booking variations in 6-hour blocks. On arrival, I would go directly to my selected hotel in Singapore -- after making sure that my needs were understood -- rather than moving the stuff twice. I would find that a simpler and more relaxing option.

But to each his own.

A Q @ the SIN transit hotel/services...I will have flown 22 hrs, excludes a 3-hr layover when I arrive in SIN (not my last stop, either!).

Instead of sleeping w my 5-hr layover in SIN, I may just shower & have a massage (bursitis in my hip).

Anyone else used the shower/massage in the SIN transit/hotel area? If so, pros/cons? Thx!

A Q @ the SIN transit hotel/services...I will have flown 22 hrs, excludes a 3-hr layover when I arrive in SIN (not my last stop, either!).

Instead of sleeping w my 5-hr layover in SIN, I may just shower & have a massage (bursitis in my hip).

Anyone else used the shower/massage in the SIN transit/hotel area? If so, pros/cons? Thx!

In the airport, I have used the shower and washed my hair - excellent.

In the airport, my daughters have had massages - excellent.

We have also stayed in the Transit hotel - basic hotel, but convenient for short stays.

There is also a swimming pool -

Enjoy the relaxing ambience of the Balinese-themed swimming pool and poolside area operated by Harilela Hospitality Pte Ltd. Passengers staying at the Ambassador Transit Hotel may use the pool and jacuzzi for free. Otherwise, a small fee of $13.91 is charged to non-residents for the use of the swimming pool and jacuzzi, including the use of the shower facilities, a towel and a complimentary non-alcoholic drink from the bar.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/rest-areas

Archived