Second Time Cruisers

aggiegirl2012

Hi!

We're debating on a NCL or MSC. We're a couple, no kids, late 20s. We like to drink, and go to the spa.

Looking at the Carribean Cruise on MSC Seaside in May or NCL Getaway.

Price is important, so can someone explain the upgrades? If we do the Aurea upgrade is alcohol included?

Any direction is appreciated!

Hi!

We're debating on a NCL or MSC. We're a couple, no kids, late 20s. We like to drink, and go to the spa.

Price is important, so can someone explain the upgrades? If we do the Aurea upgrade is alcohol included?

Aurea includes the classic drink plan, a massage, and access to the thermal spa. Classic includes the non-premium alcohol. Hopefully someone will post up a link to the list of available beer, wine, and liquor on the classic as I have lost track of it and can't seem to locate it. From what I recall it was all beer up to $5.50, all cocktails to $8, and all wine to something like $7.95. It seems like the wines included 1 type of champagne and maybe half a dozen or so various red and white wines but I don't remember any of the brands.

Of course, no line is perfect for everyone. Personally, I’d only select MSc if it was significantly cheaper than ncl. For a few hundred more a week, I’d select ncl almost every time. Getaway has waterfront dining which I really enjoy and the entertainment is far superior with many more options. MSc is a great value if you can get in for the right price, but there are added frustrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

It's all on there web site.

Aurea package

- basic cabin (9th deck has option for double size balcony)

- classic drink package. All inclusive except top shelf alcohol

-spa access for the entire cruise

-Private deck and bar

- anytime dinner seating

- 1 included massage per person

-priority boarding

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

@aggiegirl2012,

sorry for some of the lees-than-helpful responses you've been provided.

Remember that a "free" drink package on NCL will cost you about $200. Take that into account if comparing costs.

I've sailed the Getaway and have to say it is extremely short on pool space and the ship's layout is very poor. I enjoy a lot of the features of an NCL cruise but didn't particularly care for that ship.

Another consideration would be the ports you'll visit (unless that isn't important to you).

Unless you require "top shelf" hootch, the Aurea package should suit your needs.

Since the Seaside is so new I cannot offer a direct head-to-head comparison. However, we liked the Divina enough last summer that we'll be sailing the Seaside for two weeks back-to-back in May.

Hope this helps a bit.

~Brian

I’ve sailed NCL and MSC. I loved both sailing the escape (sister to the getaway) and the divina on MSC. We’re about to sail the seaside in two months. NCL will have more Americans so if you guys are social and mingle that might be a pro. Not saying you won’t socialize with foreigners but language could always be a barrier. I liked the food options on NCL. A lot of people complain about MSC’s food. We didn’t have any issues but The option to dine wherever is nice. NCL will get you on their service charges for the drink package that it includes. It’s an extra $250 I believe. If you don’t like the MSC drink package included you can upgrade the package to a premium for $56 a person for the entire cruise. Both have excellent entertainment. No matter what your on vacation so it’ll be what you make of it. I say NCL just slightly beats out MSC.

Aurea includes the classic drink plan, a massage, and access to the thermal spa. Classic includes the non-premium alcohol. Hopefully someone will post up a link to the list of available beer, wine, and liquor on the classic as I have lost track of it and can't seem to locate it. From what I recall it was all beer up to $5.50, all cocktails to $8, and all wine to something like $7.95. It seems like the wines included 1 type of champagne and maybe half a dozen or so various red and white wines but I don't remember any of the brands.

Champagne isn’t included in the classic. Prosecco and Asti are included.

I’ve sailed NCL and MSC. I loved both sailing the escape (sister to the getaway) and the divina on MSC. We’re about to sail the seaside in two months. NCL will have more Americans so if you guys are social and mingle that might be a pro. Not saying you won’t socialize with foreigners but language could always be a barrier. I liked the food options on NCL. A lot of people complain about MSC’s food. We didn’t have any issues but The option to dine wherever is nice. NCL will get you on their service charges for the drink package that it includes. It’s an extra $250 I believe. If you don’t like the MSC drink package included you can upgrade the package to a premium for $56 a person for the entire cruise. Both have excellent entertainment. No matter what your on vacation so it’ll be what you make of it. I say NCL just slightly beats out MSC.

You do realise the word “Foreigners” is offensive?

Sorry didn’t mean it to be offensive just meant in terms of it might impede social interaction if people you are sailing with don’t speak English and you don’t speak their primary language.

Sorry didn’t mean it to be offensive just meant in terms of it might impede social interaction if people you are sailing with don’t speak English and you don’t speak their primary language.

Thank you [emoji4]

When did the word "foreigners" become offensive?

A foreigner is someone from another country. A foreigner is not from these parts.

Things that are foreign are different and unknown to people. Likewise, a foreigner is someone from a different country. An American visiting China is a foreigner. A German person visiting Canada is a foreigner. Foreigners are often tourists who check out the sights of other countries. If a foreigner decided to relocate to another country, they become an immigrant and perhaps eventually a citizen.

When did the word "foreigners" become offensive?

A foreigner is someone from another country. A foreigner is not from these parts.

Things that are foreign are different and unknown to people. Likewise, a foreigner is someone from a different country. An American visiting China is a foreigner. A German person visiting Canada is a foreigner. Foreigners are often tourists who check out the sights of other countries. If a foreigner decided to relocate to another country, they become an immigrant and perhaps eventually a citizen.

It was the context it was used.6c9655aed5fea560975b438f94465c71.jpg

It was the context it was used.6c9655aed5fea560975b438f94465c71.jpg

Well, perhaps in other cultures this is true, but I am not aware of the word foreigner being offensive in the US. As to the question, if someone called me a foreigner it would not bother me one bit.

As to number two above, I am well aware that America refers to a continent and not a country, which is why I use the term US and understand that the term Americans refers to the people of many countries.

@aggiegirl2012,

Hope you were able to glean some useful information here.

sorry your thread has turned into a self-righteous PC-fest. :mad:

Here's what my dictionary tells me......

foreign.jpg

Not the least bit offensive! However, I'm sure we'll have some delicate snowflake weighing in on this.

~Brian

Here is the link that compares the classic and premium packages and what is included with each: http://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/cms/CMSIMAGES/FLYER/drinks/classicvspremium.PDF

@aggiegirl2012,

Hope you were able to glean some useful information here.

sorry your thread has turned into a self-righteous PC-fest. :mad:

Here's what my dictionary tells me......

foreign.jpg

Not the least bit offensive! However, I'm sure we'll have some delicate snowflake weighing in on this.

~Brian

As it could have been referring to me as being a foreigner I did not like it!

The original poster apologised, so end of!

And I am not the politically correct brigade or a snowflake.

Just saying to be careful of the words you use to describe people from other countries.

Well, you were right about that. Are you as good as that when picking lottery numbers?

Actually he was not correct! If you read the thread I was the one who objected to the reference about foreigners and I was also the one who responded to the snowflake comment.

This topic is hijacking the original posters question who like myself might actually also be a foreigner!

Actually he was not correct! If you read the thread I was the one who objected to the reference about foreigners and I was also the one who responded to the snowflake comment.

This topic is hijacking the original posters question who like myself might actually also be a foreigner!

As a foreigner you apparently do not realize that the use is not linguistically offensive!

Sent from my iPad using Forums