Basel/Amerstdam - Amsterdam/Barcelona

DESTCRZ

We are booked on the river/ocean cruise from Basel/Amsterdam and then Amsterdam/Barcelona in September/October this year. We are new to Viking and I am curious how Viking handles the transfer in Amsterdam. I have searched the threads, but I haven't found any threads related to a river/ocean itinerary.

The Viking website only has two river/ocean itineraries. Is this something new Viking is trying? We are pretty excited for our first Viking experience we will get to do both the river and ocean boat/ship. We have done both river and ocean cruises previously, just never on Viking.

Mike

This is new to Viking. We hoped to book the combo river/ocean, but it was totally booked as a combo. The Viking agent booked us on the river cruise leaving one day earlier from Basel and we will be staying one night in Amsterdam before embarking on the Viking Sky. Viking is very good about any transfers and I am sure you will find the transfer from the river to the ocean cruise to be very smooth. I have created a Meet and Mingle for the Amsterdam to Barcelona on the Viking Sky - please sign up. I will also create a Roll Call unless one has been created in the past week.

Thanks, Not a Georgia Peach. I have no doubt Viking will do an excellent job with the transfers. Just my OCD making curious how it will be handled! I think we are going to plan a foodie tour in Amsterdam the day of the transfer. We've been to Amsterdam several times and done most of the usual tourist stuff.

Mike