Warning on Enterprise Car Rentals at La Baie, Saguenay

comcox

Both I and another couple had made advance reservations with Enterprise Rental Car for our port stop in La Baie, Saguenay; the reservation confirmation showed the La Baie office address about 2 miles miles from the port. Furthermore, I had telephoned the office a few weeks before departure to reconfirm my reservation and to arrange a pickup.

The three of us waited quite some time for our pick-up which seemed odd as subsequent phone calls that morning assured us the driver was on his way. We were then further confused when the pickup driver just kept driving beyond La Baie and on to the highway. We tried asking what was happening, but the driver spoke no English. About 40 minutes later we were delivered to the Enterprise office in Chicoutimi, which for me was in the complete opposite direction from which I had planned to travel that day. I asked why we were not informed in advance that we would not be getting our vehicles in La Baie as our reservations stated, but I was only told there were no cars in La Baie.

Because of the loss of about an hour and a half travel time and the fact I had not printed out any maps that would direct me back to this other location, I lost the opportunity to do my planned excursion that day. I was only "saved" when the other couple kindly offered to let me come along with them to a different attraction which was in the same direction we had already traveled. Fortunately they had brought along their own GPS so we could get safely back to this new location.

I have never previously ever had a bad experience with Enterprise, but I feel this location switch without prior notice was inexcusable especially as they could have said something when I called before the cruise to arrange a pick-up. I would not recommend anyone using this company at this location.