St Vincent

Caravan 37

There’s not much in the way of info on Ports of Call regarding St Vincent. I’ve been before probably 10 years ago and tbh wasn’t impressed with the port area. I’d rather do a tour (diy/P&O) but not sure what there is to see - beaches not much to write home about either apparently. Does anyone have some experiences to share? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you like boat tours P&O do a decent one called Escape to Bequia. Last time I went P&O were the cheapest way to do it. Although we had it calm the waters around here can be quite choppy, Mustique would be the same.

Thanks - That would be my preferred option tbh - what’s off putting is the crossing and the weather and it’s about 45mins each way? I looked into Young Island too which is a few mins away but it seems you need to either buy lunch or a room for the day - may just stay onboard [emoji5]

Thanks - That would be my preferred option tbh - what’s off putting is the crossing and the weather and it’s about 45mins each way? I looked into Young Island too which is a few mins away but it seems you need to either buy lunch or a room for the day - may just stay onboard [emoji5]

If I remember they do a couple of stops on the way over for snorkelling, then stop at the beach in Bequia, then go to a little quaint town on Bequai for a short visit and have lunch on the boat, then come back in one go, about 45 mins. Others said that if it a bit rough it is on the way back but we were lucky and thought it was a good trip. The other similar trip is to Mustique.

The other time we went we did a land tour out in SV and a cat back along the coast of SV, it was OK but Bequia was better.

Unfortunately Mustique is not an island included on our excursions this year (Azura), have been before and thought it was glorious. So next best thing is Bequia, remember sailing past when going to Mustique.

On P and O trip, no snorkelling , straight there with lunch on the island. Looking forward. Sure you would enjoy.

Unfortunately Mustique is not an island included on our excursions this year (Azura), have been before and thought it was glorious. So next best thing is Bequia, remember sailing past when going to Mustique.

On P and O trip, no snorkelling , straight there with lunch on the island. Looking forward. Sure you would enjoy.

sorry, changed since we went then - was a while ago.

Hi, we done the P&O excursion to Mustique wow a lovely island though very choppy several people got soaked recommend sea sick pills for this but a stunning place, other option is the previous year we took a taxi to the Botanical gardens to while a away a couple of hours then walked back to ship it's all up hill so we passed many passengers asking how far? En route there's a small cafe there good for photo opportunities too

Mrs Blue Sky

We’ve only been there once. We looked at the town, then took the boat round the bay to the nearest beach. Not much of a beach, to be honest.

We saw this place, in town, and said we’d possibly give it a try if we ever returned. The lunch menu looked good

http://www.thecobblestoneinn.com/

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

We left the ship and took a shared taxi at the port. Had a lovely day around the island and we were taken to the beach where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed. Cute little place with a cafe etc. Came back into town and were taken to the botanical gardens which were lovely. Then back to the ship, a great day!