Bamboo Beach Club

DKLI

Has anyone done the Bamboo Beach Club excursion through Royal Caribbean? Looking for reviews of the beach and wondering how long it takes to get there. Did you think it was worth the $$.

Thank you.

Karen

We're looking at an RCCL excursion that includes Dunn's River Falls and Bamboo Beach Club. Some of the CC reviews I've seen aren't real great for BBC, but the reviews on Trip Advisor are usually pretty good. Still pondering but would love to hear recent experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did the BBC tour through Royal the 1st week of Nov. One hour plus drive from Falmouth and an even longer drive back in traffic. The beach itself is very, very rocky. The waves are not too bad. Plenty of food and drinks it that is what you are looking for but i am sure there are much better beaches around.

Did the BBC tour through Royal the 1st week of Nov. One hour plus drive from Falmouth and an even longer drive back in traffic. The beach itself is very, very rocky. The waves are not too bad. Plenty of food and drinks it that is what you are looking for but i am sure there are much better beaches around.

We were in Jamaica the first week of October and our excursion was cancelled 4 days before we left. I guess that was good. We ended up using Resort For a Day. Went to Jewel Runaway Bay and had a fantastic time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just got back on Sunday from our RCCL cruise on the Liberty. I was so very disappointed with the Bamboo Beach Club.

The Good:

The bus was nice, the ride was not terrible, the hostesses shared lots of good info about the area and answered all of our questions. Lunch was good, nothing was warm aside from the jerk chicken. The chicken was good, but it was not jerk chicken. Drinks were included. There was shade from trees, but no umbrellas.

The Bad:

Everything else. LOL

• 2 ladies rooms for the entire 6 bus loads of people. There was a constant line.
  • They did have wooden loungers, but they were not adjustable and the cushions did not provide sufficient.
  • We did the "VIP" option. They brought out food every 20 minutes, you had to choose to swim or eat. It was not served at a table, they did not provide napkins, just an empty dispenser.
  • There was not sand, just small rocks.
  • The water was not clear.
  • The loungers were packed in and 6 rows deep.

I would not go back, I did not tip, we were supposed to make a shopping stop but ran out of time. I had zero desire to shop, I paid to go to the beach...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to Bamboo Beach Club three times (see reviews on trip advisor). The experience really depends on your assigned hostess. They will be your guide on the bus and your server on the beach. Depending on where they seat you on the beach and how big their group is you will have a nice time or be frustrated the whole day. The beach is ok. The chairs are pretty worn. If you have Anna Marie you will have drinks and food constantly. Others not so much. We were served two drinks the entire excursion in January. I felt bad for our server as the club was one hostess short and she was running the whole time Still didn't make up for how slow it was to get food compared to other groups on the beach. Massages on the beach were nice and reasonably priced though.

Jamaica is one of the places where resortsforaday is worth a million dollars. I try not to book to Jamaica but if we do, I don't hesitate to book a day at a resort. I've done Dunn's River Falls and while I recommend it once, for subsequent visits to the island I just want to relax and resortsforaday fills that requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

Went in October 2017 on Allure.

Not a bad experience but do NOT recommend..

Over an hour each direction - Boring after 10-15 minutes

Lounge chairs suck -- they are wood and not adjustable, the pad in insufficient and every time you get up you scrape you legs on the wood -ouch

Beach was sand up tot the water the at the water line it turned to rocks - NOT swimable. If you walk down to the end of the beach there is a small section cleared of rocks to swim. Kinda beats the purpose of having beachfront chairs if you still have to walk 1/4 mile down the beach to get in.

Food was good but you had to pay attention or you didn't get it or will miss some options

The free drink in VIP option were terrible. and the "ran" out of booze. I'm guessing they assign a certain amount per group and when it gone its gone. Not really unlimited.

gimmicky tourist trap shopping stop on the way back _ SKIP IT _ everything is more expensive here than back in the port and of lesser quality.

The whole thing felt commercialized. While I still enjoyed myself since I am on vacation, on a beach, drinking and eating, and relaxing I would choose another location in the future and not return here , probably not even for free

You wont have a bad time but there are lots of better options