Cabins for three ladies ova 60 how to avoid bunk bed ?

mojoboyle

:DMy sister has booked a surprise cruise on the aurora on 22 of this month . I have never been on a cruise ship before and I am worried how I will manage the bunk bed sleeping arrangements, is there any way to avoid climbing a ladder to bed ?

You could ask on the P & O forum to see if anyone knows if there are bunks or sofa beds

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Or check the deck plans for the ship on their website then look at your cabin

Worst case let her sleep in the bunk :halo:

no good deed goes unpunished

Enjoy the cruise

There is a great website with cruise deck plans on it where you can click on the name of the ship and then if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of that ships page you will see a legend. Using that legend and then clicking to view the deck where your cabin is located, you should be able to check for sure what type of bedding your cabin has. You will need to know the cabin number in order to do this. If you find that it is an upper bed then I would suggest just speaking kindly and honestly to your sister about your worries. She may on her own decide that changes need to be made and then the burden won't fall on you to ask for a change of cabin. To find the site just google "cruise deck plans", then on the upper left corner click the orange ship and then click on the name of your ship :)

Realizing your concerns, but if you sail in a week or so, your ability to change cabin might not be possible.

If the cabin does not have a sofa bed, and has a Pullman from the ceiling/wall, you could put that mattress on the floor. Not an ideal situation, but at least you wouldn't have the worry of climbing the ladder.

:DMy sister has booked a surprise cruise on the aurora on 22 of this month . I have never been on a cruise ship before and I am worried how I will manage the bunk bed sleeping arrangements, is there any way to avoid climbing a ladder to bed ?

When we took MIL on 6 cruises we got the third person much cheaper which meant we could afford to get a better cabin with a sofa bed.

You are not kids and i would think the bunk beds would be inappropriate and spoil your cruise so i would get the TA to get you a better cabin.

If you know your cabin number or grade... these are the cabins with sofa beds:

Inside- Grade OA/OE

Outside- Grade KB/KD

Balcony- GA/GB/GD

Find the cabin on one of the ship's plans (Google, or P&O page)

Look for the grade.

Hope this helps...

From a much older person who would struggle to get on a bunk, but would still manage, just to be on Aurora! :D

It’s not getting into the bunk bed that’s the issue, it’s getting out of it! Lol.

As a 60 something myself, please don’t do a bunk bed.

I'm 61 and agree with you.

Bunks might be great for kids but it would spoil my cruise to a large degree.

The last time I slept on the top bunk was when I was in Cub Scouts 50 years ago. Went to sleep in the top bunk, woke up on the floor!

OP, if in doubt bring an air mattress.

I keep getting the image of Ronnie Barker on Porridge which was a prison comedy in Slade prison 30 years ago.lol

The last time I slept on the top bunk was when I was in Cub Scouts 50 years ago. Went to sleep in the top bunk, woke up on the floor!

OP, if in doubt bring an air mattress.

Not sure about OP's ship, but on RC it's easy to take mattress from Pullman and put on floor. Tight fit; but possible. Posted in #12. Much easier than packing an air mattress, especially if flying.

Not sure about OP's ship, but on RC it's easy to take mattress from Pullman and put on floor. Tight fit; but possible. Posted in #12. Much easier than packing an air mattress, especially if flying.

Not much fun sleeping on the floor especially if someone goes to the toilet during the night and doesn't put the light on.ouch.

Depending on the air mattress. I have one from my camping days that weighs less than 1 pound and when rolled up is about the size of a Pringles can. If the OP is tight on space she could take one less pair of shoes or leave the toilet paper at home. :) (there's a fascinating thread over on the Carnival forum about people bringing their own TP on cruises.)