Cruising Question

TheBees98

I am sure this question has been addressed but I don't know where to find it. I heard about an "onboard tour" you can take that is directed by employees that shows you the things you don't usually see. Different areas of the ship, explanation on how the ship is laid out.etc. Does anyone know where I can try and purchase this excursion? There are 8 of us cruising on the Vista, Feb 24, 2018. Thank you. Some of our quests have never cruised and thought this would be very interesting to them.

I am sure this question has been addressed but I don't know where to find it. I heard about an "onboard tour" you can take that is directed by employees that shows you the things you don't usually see. Different areas of the ship, explanation on how the ship is laid out.etc. Does anyone know where I can try and purchase this excursion? There are 8 of us cruising on the Vista, Feb 24, 2018. Thank you. Some of our quests have never cruised and thought this would be very interesting to them.

You need to book it onboard, I am assuming by the description you give you mean the ship tour where you visit the bridge the laundry etc.

Or do you just mean a general walk around the ship, where the restraunt, buffet, theatre etc are.

On Carnival it is called Behind the Fun and very limited. It can only be booked onboard, and you should go to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board and sign up. It will cost each person $95, there are a lot of steps and standing for periods of time. May last four hours. No cameras or phones allowed, and you must wear closed toe shoes. Usually done on the last sea day. EM

Thank you, I am in a wheelchair but everyone else can walk around. I will see as soon as I get on board if this available. I think I read that very few people can do this. I think I will bow out but get it for the ones who have never cruised. Thank you every one for your assistance. Anyone have suggestions for excursions on the Eastern side.

The last page of the tours booklet offers this but there are only 2 tours with a maximum of 16 people per tour. Don't wait to sign up.

We have done this on Carnival and it was very worthwhile! However, you must wear closed toe shoes and ladies are not to wear a dress or skirt. There are narrow stairs you must take.You do not go to the crew cabins but do go to their bar & game room. You see where the officers and higher crew eat. You cannot go the the engine room but go to the engine control room. The chief engineer will tell you about his job and you can see the constant video of the engines and see men walking around them. The last stop is the bridge where you meet the captain and he explains how the ship is steered, etc. Everyone get s Behind the Fun hat and picture with the captain.

(It was $55 on the Fantasy & Ecstasy.)

There is another free tour but it doesn't take you to many places. You see the kitchen, see crew folding napkins, slicing lemons, etc. It is nothing like the Behind the Fun tour!

Does Royal Caribbean offer something similar? & what's it called? Thanks! (Happy Thanksgiving!!)

Yes they do.

I forget exactly what it is called.

They may also offer a special luncheon that includes a galley tour. On our cruise, it was $25 and included all you could drink mimosas or sparking wine.