UK Reviews of the Week by southcroft, rickbell4 & wanderer8706!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Thomson Dream Enjoyable cruise experience by southcroft

We have recently returned from three weeks in the Caribbean to celebrate our retirement. We spent the first week exploring Barbados, the second week on Thomson Dream and the third week in St. Lucia. I can honestly say we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. We were a little worried having suffered at the hands of a Carnival cruise in the past and all the "bad reviews" we read on this site before we went about the Dream. We had no problems embarking the ship as we made our own way there mid afternoon from our hotel in Barbados. We were shown to our Grand Suite and were thoroughly impressed with what we saw. Ronaldo Q our steward could not do enough for us. Ok we paid extra for the suite but as it was a special celebration we decided to "Splash the cash" for once and at least we were guaranteed a sun bed on sea days. Continue reading... Enjoyable cruise experience

Island Escape Lots of Fun, Amazing staff - was a great week. by rickbell4

Usually when my partner and I go on holiday we do stay in 5* hotels - I decided to take 2 members of my family on this weeks Spirit of the Med cruise. After reading some reviews and having sailed on Celebrity Equinox, Oasis Of The Seas and others, I was a little worried about what to expect. My first impression was the ship was bigger than I expected, cabin was small but ok just to sleep, change and shower. The ship is almost 30 years but the staff do an amazing job at keeping it spotless and clean. Ross and his team are FANTASTIC, funny, cheeky, camp and professional ! The entertainment was great, the show team did a great job. It was my mums and nephews first time on a cruise and for £600 each it's well worth every penny. The all inclusive cocktails were great, the food was ok and lots of it, time to hit the gym now I'm back. Continue reading... Lots of Fun, Amazing staff - was a great week.

Ventura Excellent experience - a few niggles by wanderer8706

Having read the previous review of the same cruise by Rakugoka I find it fascinating to see just how subjective a review can be, as it is clearly based upon one's own experiences, but of a similar event. Anyway, this was our first P&O experience, and the beginning could be seen as a good start, or a bad one, depending on how you look at it. To ensure your baggage arrives at your appointed cabin P&O very kindly e-mail you a label to attach to your case(s). As these labels are not of the type you would see attached at the baggage check-in at the Airport, we felt there was a risk of them becoming detached during the handling of our suitcase at either Birmingham or Genoa (or in-between) and so had intended to sellotape them to the bags once we collected them at Genoa. However, we had not been made aware that, once the bags were deposited at Birmingham check-in, we would not be expected to see them again until they were delivered to our cabin and so missed the opportunity to attach our labels indicating our cabin number. Continue reading... Excellent experience - a few niggles

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin