Javin James tour

Icecoldcranberry

Has anyone done a tour with Javin James? Is it worth the money? I am not sure we can take it because as of now it returns people to the port at the exact time of our ship's departure. But if we can get the tour to change its time we are thinking of taking it. Otherwise, can anyone recommend a different tour company? We are travelling with kids ages 7 and 9 (hence the appeal of the monkey). We want to visit the jungle, the black lava beach, and other sites....thank you in advance!

Contact Leo Christopher at christopherom95@gmail.com. This past January he gave my husband and me a great tour of St Kitts for $150 total. He has been doing private tours for years, and is a good driver. Because it was just the two of us, he tailored it to our needs (especially after we learned he was an avid herbologist). Leo introduced us to lots of plants that were used medicinally on the island and showed us a huge old mahogany tree of a type that is almost extinct. He also bought us some delicious fried coconut balls at the Black Rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Javin and really enjoyed the tour. It is pretty active; quite a few people on our tour didn't participate in some of the activities, due to age or mobility issues; not sure why they booked this tour, which describes the various stops and stresses activity, but ?

We were in an open-air trolley like vehicle. Stopped at an old factory, kind of in ruins. It was interesting but not sure kids would enjoy it--it wasn't a long stop though. Then on a very scenic drive to the lava rocks. This climb down to the ocean and around was really pretty treacherous in places--a fall could really do some damage--but beautiful and unique. Some didn't go; there was a small market area where we parked.

Next was a rain forest walk--not really very difficult or long, but had some slight ups and down, rocks, etc. Javin explained a lot about the various trees and plants and their uses.

Then a lunch, picnic style out of the back of the bus--that was really interesting, with local island pastries, meat pies, drinks, etc. I loved trying all the local favorites.

Next a drive to the beaches with a short stop or two at scenic overlooks. There were people with monkeys at one of these; we didn't have a stop dedicated to monkeys. We snorkeled at a pretty rocky area; snorkeled a ship wreck, other snorkeling didn't have much fish but some starfish and an old cannon. There was quite a bit of swimming involved so some people either didn't do it or did just part.

Next a beach stop for an hour or so; beautiful area, drinks and food available to buy. I think you could rent chairs, but we didn't. Could see Nevis across the bay.

It was a more active type tour than most island tours, so be prepared for that, but we loved it. We were about 70 at the time, decent shape, good swimmers; the lava climb was the hardest, just due to how rough it was.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a tour with him a few years back and LOVED our time with him. Our second time going with him, it ended up being a private tour as there were no others that signed up. we really liked that they spent the day taking pictures for you and of you so you don't need to worry too much about taking your camera out and capturing to moment but rather just taking it all in! (: Very professional, knowledgeable, and when hiking they were very observant and would help when and if you needed it! The hiking part my be a bit difficult for the 7 year old but I do believe it is doable-- you just won't go in to the jungle as far. We had a few slower people in the group our first time sop we didn't get as far. However, the 2nd time it was just my husband and I, and were able to go into the jungle significantly further both times were still enjoyable. I would say it's definitely worth the money in my opinion!!

• 2 weeks later...