Buffet tip

Peachypooh

Last cruise we took we packed a small plastic tray and put our dish and cup on it to carry to our table or out to the pool area. Worked really well.

Not sure when you cruised last, or what line, but NCL has plenty trays at the buffet. I do recall one line had stopped using them awhile back but I can't remember which one.

Maybe it was NCL when they weren't allowing food to be taken back to the cabin?

Edited by phoenix1181
added question.

Not sure when you cruised last, or what line, but NCL has plenty trays at the buffet. I do recall one line had stopped using them awhile back but I can't remember which one.

Maybe it was NCL when they weren't allowing food to be taken back to the cabin?

On what ship? I don't ever recall trays on my sailings.

On what ship? I don't ever recall trays on my sailings.

Sorry if my information is incorrect. We've been on Dawn for the past 6 years & I assumed (I know you should never assume!) all NCL ships would have trays like the Dawn does. Or have I finally, truly, lost my mind?

Sorry if my information is incorrect. We've been on Dawn for the past 6 years & I assumed (I know you should never assume!) all NCL ships would have trays like the Dawn does. Or have I finally, truly, lost my mind?

I think you did, we’ve been sailing NCL for over 10 years and have never seen a tray in the buffet (spirit, jewel, Breakaway, Gem).

I certainly have. I've been offered one when getting coffee in the morning for several people.

You may have been offered one in special circumstances like you describe, but as a general rule there are no trays available in the buffet.

Two tips:

a) all of our staterooms, Insides & higher, have a "small" & rectangular stainless steel tray, used for the ice bucket and small cups, etc. Easily hijack it to use as a takeout tray, although it doesn't hold a lot - plate & 2 cups, etc. should work.

b) order complimentary breakfast for Day 2, and, Room Service will bring coffee, juice, milk & pastries, etc. in the morning on a tray. Keep the tray for the week, use & "store" it safely out of sight (of course, you should wash & keep it clean) ... tip for the delivery, of course. Avoid the need to pack one from ... and bring it back, unless ...

Problem solved - now, next question is - how to fit that tray on the balcony's micro coffee table (unless you are in a large/extended balcony or mini) ;p

Did I miss something, is NCL now charging to use one of their tray's.

Ooooooh no another nickel and dime procedure. LOL

OP must be the size of the tray I'm guessing!

I am Platinum and have sailed mostly Jewell class ships. No trays at the buffet. I have even seen people in wheelchairs that have brought their own trays from home. Do they have a few trays for special circumstances? Probably. Are there trays on other ships than the Jewell class ships? Maybe. I was just passing along this information to other senior citizens like me who have trouble keeping their balance if the ship is moving so their lunch or dinner doesn't end up on the floor. But granted I should have mentioned Jewell class.

Did I miss something, is NCL now charging to use one of their tray's.

Ooooooh no another nickel and dime procedure. LOL. OP must be the size of the tray I'm guessing!

Yes. Works like a luggage carts at th airport. Swipe your room key, your room is charged $5, and a tray is release. When you return the tray, you get a quarter back.

In response to the OP, I don’t recall any trays on any ships including the Dawn.

I hope no-one in this thread is an eyewitness to a crime lol

I saw a tray. Nope, no tray.

Goes to show how fickle our perceptions are.

I also assumed ('recalled') trays from the one Norwegian cruise line trip we took, but now question my memory of that. Too funny.