.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

• 2 weeks later...

As I possess a curious mind and have idle hands full of martinis, I want to pose a question to all SeaDreamers. Having just recently left Bali, I simply must know why SeaDream calls its Bali Beds "Bali Beds"? Didn't see a single "Bali Bed" in actual Bali....... Curious minds, etc...:cool:

To quote:

A Bali bed is an outdoor daybed for two on a platform with a mattress. It can be as simple as a double chaise or as elaborate as a richly upholstered pleasure dome on a beach with a natural wooden frame around it. Curtains, which can be drawn for privacy, surround the bed. Unlike a palapa, a Bali bed offers little or no protection from overhead sun.

The name Bali bed originally comes from the wood culled in Bali and Java to make the beds.

Today these beds are made from a variety of natural materials, including bamboo.

Beach resorts throughout the world that cater to couples may offer a Bali bed on the beach, where you can sunbathe during the day and even sleep under the stars at night. Depending on the resort, there may be a fee to reserve and hold a Bali bed, or its use may be included in the rate.

Thanks Shaskelly. I knew some smart SeaDreamer would know. Come to think of it we saw lots of wood carvers, furniture makers, and lumber mills in both Bali and Java. "Bali Bed" sounds nicer than "Java Bed" too. Now I can sleep again knowing the facts..:cool:

• 3 months later...

Hotel Manager of SDI Nichola died suddenly onboard early last night (apparently in his sleep).

Our thoughts go to his young wife, newly born child, family, friends and crew of both vessels.

Nichola was very recently promoted from the position of maitre d’ on SDII.

Hotel Manager of SDI Nichola died suddenly onboard early last night (apparently in his sleep).

Our thoughts go to his young wife, newly born child, family, friends and crew of both vessels.

Nichola was very recently promoted from the position of maitre d’ on SDII.

So tragic and sad. A wonderful man who always had a smile and kind word for everybody. He will be missed and not forgotten.

What horrible news. He was so young; it's difficult to believe. I was just communicating with him on Facebook last week, and we were looking forward to seeing him this summer. Our condolences to his wife, son, brother and the rest of his family.

Profoundly sad. He had just gotten his certificate from Cornell and been promoted to HM — not to mention his land family. Heart goes out to all the SD family (past and present) as well. We had just seen him in March. Thanks for letting us know, Hum.

Like many of you here, we are devastated by such incredibly sad news. We were just on SD2 last month and missed him by a few days since he had gone home following the birth of their first child. We exchanged emails while we were onboard and he spoke of being overjoyed with the newborn even mentioning his first diaper change. I hope all of us who knew and loved him can find a way to help out his young family at such a tragic time. As many also know, his brother works for SeaDream too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Like many of you here, we are devastated by such incredibly sad news. We were just on SD2 last month and missed him by a few days since he had gone home following the birth of their first child. We exchanged emails while we were onboard and he spoke of being overjoyed with the newborn even mentioning his first diaper change. I hope all of us who knew and loved him can find a way to help out his young family at such a tragic time. As many also know, his brother works for SeaDream too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tomislav (Nichola’s brother) actually left the company a little while ago.

Colleen and I are deeply saddened by this news. Nikola was a tremendous asset of SeaDream, a gentleman and a genuinely nice and talented man. Oft times he would say to us at disembarkation that this might be his final contract but to our good fortune, there he would be at the top of the gangway to greet us again. Our thoughts and prayers go to his wife, baby, brother and his SeaDream family. He will be dearly missed.

Does anyone have any info on what happened? Nichola was always such a joy and full of life. We missed him when he went to SDII , but learned to love Tomaslav as well. So sorry for his wife and baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Heartbreakingly sad. I have family members onboard and early on in the voyage they were texting how wonderful Nichola was treating them and how happy he was with his new position and new son. Life can change in the blink of an eye. Be kind, don't hold grudges and live life to the fullest. Rest in peace Nichola.

Heartbreakingly sad. I have family members onboard and early on in the voyage they were texting how wonderful Nichola was treating them and how happy he was with his new position and new son. Life can change in the blink of an eye. Be kind, don't hold grudges and live life to the fullest. Rest in peace Nichola.

We should start a new subject here in his memory instead of idol jottings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...

Playing the Stones Start me UP hoping to inspire His Nibs.  Looking forward to this.  Just got back from the likker store.  Panic buying there.  One couple snatched a pallet of Franzia boxed pink wine off of the cart before the guy could unload.  😎

16 hours ago, vandrefalk said:

Welcome home, HH!  You have been terribly missed!

vandrefalk

Thankyou Lady “V”.....pax’s my respects to “The Colonel”.

Love to Zimmy and greetings  to “Trapper”.

And Hum “doffs his hat” to the stalwarts Butch & Sundance (sadly the years haven’t been kind).

Brace yourselves chums.

Keep safe..

Its going to get worse before it gets better.