Tobacco Bay snorkel rental cost

PokerFaceNJ

I'm trying to decide whether or not to purchase snorkeling equipment. We might only be using it at Tobacco Bay, unless we decide to visit other snorkeling areas.

Is it worth it to purchase it and bring it to Bermuda? Does anyone know how much it cost to rent snorkle equipment at Tobacco Bay? If you did purchase it, any recommendation on what online site to use?

Thanks!

If you are just going to snorkel once, it is probably not worth buying equipment. If you plan to take other cruises/trips where you plan to snorkel then it may be worthwhile to buy equipment. Snorkel mask, vest and the actual snorkel are easy to pack and don't weigh very much. Fins are quite heavy and would take up space in your luggage. It would probably cost between $20-25 dollars to rent equipment. You could email Tobacco Bay and ask them. Their email address is: tobaccobay.bm

Amazon has lots of choices

Edited by blueridgemama

I am unsure how this article relates to my questions?? [emoji782]

I don’t think it does.

The way I read it, it would effect someone planning to attend one of their events which probably was their evening bonfires or parties which they have some evenings as it means they lost their permit to have those special events. It does not affect their normal operations.

Edited by Charles4515

I'm trying to decide whether or not to purchase snorkeling equipment. We might only be using it at Tobacco Bay, unless we decide to visit other snorkeling areas.

Is it worth it to purchase it and bring it to Bermuda? Does anyone know how much it cost to rent snorkle equipment at Tobacco Bay? If you did purchase it, any recommendation on what online site to use?

Thanks!

If you want good equipment it is worth purchasing. Rented equipment or equipment provided free on excursions may be worn out or not fit properly. The mask might leak for example. When I bought my own the first time I was tired of leaky masks. I went to a dive shop and they fitted a mask for my face. And it was made of good material. There are different types of snorkels too. You don’t want the cheapest stuff or Chinese knockoffs which you might find for sale on Amazon if you are not familiar with brands. There is a risk when snorkeling. Knock off equipment can be dangerous. If you buy online instead of a dive or scuba shop I suggest a dive company like Divers Direct. I have used them successfully but I always call them to discuss the products before ordering.

https://www.diversdirect.com/?limit=all

Tobacco Bay is pretty simple, shallow and easy so you can probably get by there with rented equipment there. Other beaches where there are strong currents, you don’t want a generic set from K Mart or Amazon.