Inside Bella

mvh

All I seem to read about is how great the YC is on the Seaside. Can any common folk comment on an inside Bella? Is it worth it? We spend very little time in or room. What are some pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely "inside" cabin - especially Bella - if drinks included is worth it. We always (well we have for three MSC cruises) done Inside Fantastica as we like the 12 drink coupons per person and the higher deck cabin choice but we would do Inside Bella if the "drinks on us" deal is what we would be booking. We spend little time in our Cabin and would use the $ on something else. I actually just discovered today that if you book the Inside Fantastica and the "drinks on us" deal is being offered you do NOT get the 12 coupons per person so why pay $50 per person more for a deck or two higher. Almost did it, glad I caught that.

What about dining? I️ heard that Bella gets last choice. I️f we requested the early seating, is there a chance we may get bumped to the late seating even though we requested it 9 months in advance? When will we know this, when we get on the ship or at check it? Is it possible to get it switched like on most other lines by talking to the matre de?

What about dining? I️ heard that Bella gets last choice. I️f we requested the early seating, is there a chance we may get bumped to the late seating even though we requested it 9 months in advance? When will we know this, when we get on the ship or at check it? Is it possible to get it switched like on most other lines by talking to the matre de?

Correct

Yes

On the ship, at the main dining room

It's possible, but not a certainty; since all the Fantastica and higher category guests will be accommodated first

Edited by drsel

Definitely "inside" cabin - especially Bella - if drinks included is worth it. We always (well we have for three MSC cruises) done Inside Fantastica as we like the 12 drink coupons per person and the higher deck cabin choice but we would do Inside Bella if the "drinks on us" deal is what we would be booking. We spend little time in our Cabin and would use the $ on something else. I actually just discovered today that if you book the Inside Fantastica and the "drinks on us" deal is being offered you do NOT get the 12 coupons per person so why pay $50 per person more for a deck or two higher. Almost did it, glad I caught that.

I think that the "unlimited drinks on us" deal is offered in the Fantastica experience INSTEAD of the 12 drink vouchers and ONLY on US based sailings on Seaside and Divina. Because MSC wants to capture the US market.

In Europe, Fantastica guests will continue to get 12 drink vouchers (upto March 2019 only).

Edited by drsel

It's possible, but not a certainty; since all the Fantastica and higher category guests will be accommodated first

No, it is first come, first serve on the ship when you want to change your dinner time. But usually you get the time of your choice anyway already in advance.

In Europe, Fantastica guests will continue to get 12 drink vouchers (upto March 2019 only).

Yes, but only US guests. I would not be suprised if all this extra free gifts for US pax will end in 2019, they did this to capure a market and it seems they did this very successful (mostly of cause because of the "crazy" status match).

All I seem to read about is how great the YC is on the Seaside. Can any common folk comment on an inside Bella? Is it worth it? We spend very little time in or room. What are some pros and cons?

Bella means location is not as good as Fantastica but there is nothing wrong with it unless you order rooms service which they will charge you for, also you may not get your desired dining time.

You are correct, you can try.

We did interior fantastica last year on the Divina and only perk I thought worth the extra money was the drink vouchers. We went with bella interior this time on Seaside because of the Drinks on Us package. We were quite impressed with the size of the interior rooms, plenty of closet storage. If not getting your desired dinner time is a big deal for you then it might be worth upgrading your experience otherwise you'll be fine with bella.

So, MSC folks - I know someone that sailed the Divina in the Caribbean (Bella) and said they couldn't eat in the dining room? is that correct information ? I'm booked on the Preziosa fall Northern Europe next fall (also Bella) believe my reservation is for early seating. We have no problem hitting the buffet if we're hungry and they say we have to come back for late seating. But of course would like the dining room a few nights.

Sorry - Don't mean to change the Seaside subject for it appears that some of you have a few MSC under your belts.

Thanks for any info

Lori

So, MSC folks - I know someone that sailed the Divina in the Caribbean (Bella) and said they couldn't eat in the dining room? is that correct information ? I'm booked on the Preziosa fall Northern Europe next fall (also Bella) believe my reservation is for early seating. We have no problem hitting the buffet if we're hungry and they say we have to come back for late seating. But of course would like the dining room a few nights.

Sorry - Don't mean to change the Seaside subject for it appears that some of you have a few MSC under your belts.

Thanks for any info

Lori

You will have a table reserved for you at 7 pm, if you chose early dining.

But dining in the MDR takes almost 90 minutes.

We just sailed the Seaside on June 23. We booked a Bella inside GTY cabin. We were upgraded to a Fantastica cabin on deck 10. We loved the location and the cabin was lovely. We had room for everything but wish there was more drawers in the cabin but everything worked out great for the week. We were assigned 7:15pm dining in Ipanema at a table for two. Our waiters were awesome and had us in and out usually within one hour. We also had the drinks on us promotion. For the price we paid for the cabin it was excellent value for what we received. We loved the cruise and everything about the MSC Seaside. We are sailing again in Nov.

Actually the jr butler is the room steward. Butler helps out with some duties of steward but they are actually in the lounge and pool areas more bringing you food, drinks and anything else you need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing 2 MSC next year with inside Bella. Did Fantastica Inside in March 2018 and had early dinner booked well in advance. The week before they changed us to Late dining because there were so many families on board that requested early dining. We were first in line to speak to the Maitre'd and he said he'd see what he could do. Nothing came of it and we ended up with late dining. Not a big deal, but even with Fantastica you're dining time is not guaranteed. I guess if we made a scene at Guest Service they might have moved us, but its not worth it.

A lot of CC posters are seasoned cruisers and have preferred YC on MSC but that shouldn't diminish the value of Bella experience even for inside cabins. MSC prices of inside cabins are great value.

I️ realize it is a great value. My only concern is having our dining bumped. I’m just a little surprised that MSC can’t offer anytime dining for all classes like every other mass market line.