Extra OBC - Caribbean?

jeanlyon

Just booked a cruise for autumn 2019 and in the past our single friend who takes a twin for single use has had the same OBC pp as we do. So for instance, she gets £55 and we get £110 between us.

This time, we have received £260 between us and she has £55. Not complaining, just don't understand why unless it's because we are now Caribbean tier, but it doesn't say that anywhere.

Just booked a cruise for autumn 2019 and in the past our single friend who takes a twin for single use has had the same OBC pp as we do. So for instance, she gets £55 and we get £110 between us.

This time, we have received £260 between us and she has £55. Not complaining, just don't understand why unless it's because we are now Caribbean tier, but it doesn't say that anywhere.

I am not aware that you get any extra OBC from the peninsula club, the difference is £150, have you received any shareholder benefit, this is the amount you get for a 2 weeks cruise.

We received £400 balcony cabin for 2 my single relative received £100 inside cabin

Never heard of Welcome Back and yes she was. She is Mediterranean

If you book within a certain time of a previous cruise (think it might be 4 weeks, someone can correct I’m sure) they add some obc as a “welcome back home”. We have had a letter after the last couple of cruises.

Never heard of Welcome Back and yes she was. She is Mediterranean

You sometimes get extra OBC if you book within a certain time. If you were on the same booking your friend would have it too. It isn't offered to everyone so if the bookings were separate that could explain the difference.

Nope we always used the same TA and always book together. Thanks for your inputs, But I am no wiser. definitely didn't book within 4 weeks either.

In that case I wouldn't question it in case yours is wrong!:):)

Hee hee, no I won't. I did do a dummy booking just for us on the P&O site and it came up with the same OBC. If you do the booking without the Peninsular number then it come up with £110.

I wonder if the fact that you did a dummy booking without the peninsular number and it came up with OBC of £110(presumably 2x £55 which is the amount your friend has received) means that perhaps her peninsular details have not been updated?

Well good thought, but as far as I am aware, your Peninsular tier does not give you more OBC. If you look at the P&O website, the OBC for an inside cabin is £55 pp. And I did a dummy b ooking for her too and got £55. I put in her Peninsular number.

Could P&O have some promotion going on at the moment, such that Peninsular Club members get extra OBC if they book a new cruise before some fairly imminent cut-off date? I have a vague memory of getting a mailing from P&O with an offer something like that, but I get so many mailings from P&O that I could easily have imagined it.

Just read the terms and conditions of the offer "Offer is not applicable to Inside cabin" But that is what we have booked. It also says that it is only applicable to 2 people sharing a cabin.

My guess is that their website is at fault somewhere and we have ended up with the extra. Lucky us!

Thank you for the find anyway!

Hi Jean are you in the same type of cabin i.e. balcony or different?