Noise from Terrace cafe

cocomacy

Hi, we are in the process of booking PH2 suite on deck 11 on board Riviera, and realize this is situated directly under The Terrace Cafe.

Has anyone stayed in these suites and had "noise from the above cafe".

Agree with nvgal. I've been on Deck 10 on Marina and am booked again for December. Surprisingly, often the most expensive aren't the best. There IS an overhang on Deck 11, don't know about the noise. Forward looks like you would be below cabins, not public areas., so better if you want Deck 11.

Had a level 11 PH under the Terrace Cafe last year on Riviera. Was worried about the noise, but found it to be completely quiet. Never once bothered by any noise. I also never noticed the "overhang" from above.

I guess we all have our own opinions.

I also never noticed the "overhang" from above.

I guess we all have our own opinions.

x_090052.jpg

Our favorite Cabins on the O ships are on deck 11, however-

You may want to run, not walk, to the nearest oculist if you did not notice that overhang-

Edited by JimandStan

Get a cabin on deck 10 instead. The overhang on 11 blocks a lot of the light that would normally come into the cabin. Better view on 10 and no noise.

I always book a PH on deck 11 because I love the overhang..there is always shade to sit in..

love 10024,26 and 28

Jancruz1

Get a cabin on deck 10 instead. The overhang on 11 blocks a lot of the light that would normally come into the cabin. Better view on 10 and no noise.

I always book a PH on deck 11 because I love the overhang..there is always shade to sit in..

love 10024,26 and 28

Jancruz1

I am so glad you also posted, Jancruz

Like nvgal I'd choose deck 10 over 11. In fact, I'd go so far as to say deck 11 should be described as partially obstructed. Certainly the overhang ruined the view of the sea and sky for me and blocked the top third of almost every picture I took from our cabin so its not for me. And then there is your post of why you prefer it.

This is a great example of "there is something for everyone" and posting absolutes of how one must choose cruise line, choose a ship, pick a cabin, eat on shore, eat on board, fly to port, take an excursion, choose the O-life option, not choose the O-life option, etc, etc. missed this point entirely.