Seattle flight time

ATG

I know nobody can guarantee, but I would appreciate opinions on our flight options.

Option 1 is an 11:05 flight from SeaTac on Sunday, June 2 next year. If luggage valet is available next year we would use it. The site says it is available for flights after 11:00. We are in a suite and fly first class. We can get TSA pre-check. I would arrange for a car service ahead of time. Ship arrival time is 7:00.

Option 2 is a flight at 10:30 that night. Obviously, no rush.

I would really like option 1, but I haven’t flown out of Seattle before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Based on our limited experience you should make the 11:05 flight without issue as long as the ship begins disembarkation on time and you don't dawdle disembarking but be aware that Seattle security is time-consuming even with TSA pre-check. This was our experience on Sunday, July 8th when we flew out the day after disembarkation.

We arranged private transportation from our hotel (Homewood Suites downtown) at 6 am for our 8:20 am flight. Traffic was light and we were in the priority check-in line by by 6:40. United had warned us in advance via email and text (if I remember correctly) that the TSA lines were frequently backed up substantially and to allow plenty of time to clear security. Luckily the check in staff told us to go to the far left (when facing the airline counters) security checkpoint since 'it is staffed with trainees and is never busy.' Our son and daughter-in-law did that and went right through without pre-check. Our daughter, son-in-law and 3 1/2 year old daughter went in the other direction (when nature calls a 3 year old you head in the direction of the nearest restroom!) and we went with them. Security checkpoints 3 and especially 4 were incredibly long even for TSA pre-check. TSA personnel were telling TSA pre-check passengers to go to checkpoints 1 and 2 to the far right. We all met up at the gate by 7:15. It was a good thing we only needed to wait 1/2 hour to begin boarding because seating at the gate was totally inadequate.

Of course you will also be hitting security in the company of probably 3 ships worth of disembarking passengers so the lines quite possibly could be worse than those we experienced or maybe TSA will get their act together in the next year and speed up the process!

We have flown out of SeaTac many times after a cruise. I personally would be nervous with an 11:05 flight. You will probably be on one of three large ships disembarking at the same time. Traffic to SeaTac is unpredictable as are the security lines at the airport.

Do you really want to worry about this flight while you are on your cruise?

If you are booking a year out, expect some flight time changes...So don't stress over picking the right time. Advantage of later flight is you can check out Seattle, easy to leave luggage at area hotel or until 3:30 at the terminal.

We booked with flex EZ air in Jan for a Alaska cruise in May. One pax coming frm TX the other frm CA both of our flights were changed, For me in CA the return from 11:15 to 3:30. My son, his connection gng moved back 3 hours and return back 3 hours.

We wanted the flexibility of EZ -air....due to his job.

However, if cancellation didn't concern me gng into Seattle, I would book air on my own. If the airline has your full payment, only circumstance u will lose your flight time is total cancellation.

We used credit card insurance on our trip, so work reasons would not have been covered.

be aware that Seattle security is time-consuming even with TSA pre-check.

The pre-check lines are often longer than the regular lines. Leave plenty of time. In my experience, they don't hire the brightest bulbs here. The Gropers are especially bad.

I know nobody can guarantee, but I would appreciate opinions on our flight options.

We can get TSA pre-check.

Thanks!

There is no guarantee that you will have TSA PRE-CHECK. Even with GOES they have a certain number that do not get PRE-CHECK, I know from experience.

There is no guarantee that you will have TSA PRE-CHECK. Even with GOES they have a certain number that do not get PRE-CHECK, I know from experience.

Actually, you can apply for a known traveler number through a government process and if you give the airline the number, you will be pre-check. It does cost and take time. I think it is Staples or one of the other office stores that offer it. Or at least that’s what I have been told.

Edited by ATG
Oops

How To Apply for TSA PreCheck

1. Complete the TSA PreCheck application, online or at an application center.
  2. Schedule an appointment, online or by calling (855) 347-8371.
  3. Visit an application center with the required documents and provide fingerprints, pay the $85 application fee.

I wholeheartedly vote to buy TSA Pre before your cruise. One whole checkpoint is Pre only, and most of the others have Pre lanes also. SEA does open a fifth checkpoint during peak cruise season (Fri/Sat/Sun mid-day) to help, but having had a big surprise during the end-of-Thanksgiving exodus (5:00am arrival for a 6:30am flight, only to find someone with a sign "LINE BEGINS HERE" telling us we were going to be in line for 40-50 minutes and he was absolutely spot on; I had 2,500 steps by the time I got through TSA), I signed up for Pre upon landing in Atlanta. Scheduling the appointment was easier than I expected and really did only take 10 minutes (my wife snagged the 11:20am appointment before my 11:30am appointment, and she couldn't hit the ladies room and check Starbucks for a souvenir mug before I was done), and I think I had my soft approval in three days and my KTN two days after that.

If you're a serious traveler, shop the different options. Some of the others (perhaps $100 for five years) include Pre and other stuff; I slightly regret not getting Nexus or Global Entry, but not enough to go do it yet.

You are not guarantee PRE_CHECK no matter what. I have Global Entry and have not had PRE Check twice so far. When I asked they said that NOTHING

guarantees

you will ALWAYS get the PRE CHECK on the brooding pass.

You are not guarantee PRE_CHECK no matter what. I have Global Entry and have not had PRE Check twice so far. When I asked they said that NOTHING guarantees you will ALWAYS get the PRE CHECK on the brooding pass.

We were warned about that when we had our GE interview and it is noted on the TSA website that:

No, TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening

I was trying to point out don't count on PRE-CHECK in making a flight since there is nothing one can to guarantee you will get PRE-CHECK on your boarding pass. Again this is from experience in almost missing a connection in Dallas from international arrival to a domestic flight.

You are not guarantee PRE_CHECK no matter what. I have Global Entry and have not had PRE Check twice so far. When I asked they said that NOTHING

guarantees

you will ALWAYS get the PRE CHECK on the brooding pass.

THIS THIS THIS. I have GE as well and have so far been lucky with always getting Pre-Check, but I have known folks who didn't get it even though they have either GE or just Pre-Check. That is why I always prepare for not having it until 24 hrs before when I can get my mobile boarding pass and see that i do indeed have it.

As the old sayin goes....Never Assume, because it makes an a..........;)

Our flight last week departed at 11:45am. The TSA line was the worst that I have ever seen in any airport when we got there (around 9am I believe). I will say that within 15 minutes they had the line moving extremely fast and we were in the terminal by 9:35.

• 2 weeks later...

Option 1 is an 11:05 flight from SeaTac on Sunday, June 2 next year. If luggage valet is available next year we would use it. The site says it is available for flights after 11:00. We are in a suite and fly first class. We can get TSA pre-check. I would arrange for a car service ahead of time. Ship arrival time is 7:00.

Option 2 is a flight at 10:30 that night. Obviously, no rush.

I would really like option 1, but I haven’t flown out of Seattle before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

This will only apply to you if you are arriving at Pier 91 (Princess or Holland on a Sunday) but in that case, especially if you are going to arrange for a car service. You should have absolutely no problem getting to SeaTac in time for your flight. Passengers will begin disembarking normally by 7:30am for those doing self embarkation and you almost surely be off the pier before 8am and probably earlier. Transit time from 91 to SeaTacc will normally be 30 to 45 minutes by bus transfer and less than that by car service which should put you at SeaTac by 8:30 or 9am at the latest.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

can someone recommend a good car service to book? We have a scheduled 6:00 a.m. arrival next month (into pier 91). Hope to keep our luggage and walk off as early as possible (7:00? 7:30?) and get straight to the airport for an 11:15 flight.

I've never been to Seattle----would we be fastest to just get taxi when we get off, or to prebook a transfer (party of four adults)? I tend to feel better about transfers, but the few private ones I have found online thus far have very spotty reviews---I would love some CC experience to guide me.

Thanks