Seaside June 9, belated part 2

missthesea

Dining: We never made breakfast, lol. It was wonderful to sleep in, and with an inside cabin this was easy to do. For lunch, we tried both YC grill (we were in Yacht Club, but I’m commenting on the whole ship in this review) near the pool and also the buffet (Marketplace?) on Deck 8. Our first impression of the buffet was that it paled a bit compared to the buffet on our last cruise on the Celebrity Equinox. On the Equinox, the buffet was light and bright with steak cooked to order and lots and lots of variety. The Seaside buffet on Deck 8 had less variety. However, we found plenty to eat and thought the quality was very good! As other posters have mentioned, there were fast food type options of burgers (ok) and fries (not the best - weak and not enough salt). But walking all the way around, we found a small salad bar, pasta (lasagna with homemade noodles - yum), several dishes with beef, pork and rice, soups, polenta with sauce, sandwiches, sweets (great meringue cookies). We loved the pizza - think wood-fired style with homemade thin crust, light on cheese with a great sauce. The “ethnic station” was limited to Mexican, it seemed. Drinks included coffee (good), tea, iced tea, pop (or soda I should say - I think only Midwesterners in the US call it pop!), and a few juices. The plates and bowls were kind of hidden in little nooks next to the food. We did not try the beer and wine dispenser, or the button on the tables to call a server for drinks. We didn’t find it crowded at 1-2 pm. There is an abundance of outdoor seating - much more than other ships we’ve sailed. We liked eating outdoors and it was closer to the water (and the nearby gelato) than in the YC area. I thought I’d taken photos, but I can’t find pictures of the buffet.

We also had lunches at the YC outdoor grill. There was a small selection of foods - including some that were also found on the regular buffet - but also higher end additions like lamb chops and salmon. Burgers from the grill were good, and there was usually a pasta dish and a selection of breads.

cbb97701a6b38a660d628ea5fd09d22c.jpg

We requested a table for two in the YC restaurant at about 7:30 pm with Arthur (a waiter we’d read about here on CC). He is a character, and we enjoyed his service and frank advice on our entrees. He is popular, as several people requested him on our cruise. We felt the food in the YC dining room was good to excellent, with steaks, pastas, fish and shellfish - all very good. The dress code wasn’t strongly enforced, but I felt the staff were appreciative that we tried to dress for dinner (dress of some kind for me and at least a collared type shirt for my husband). This first pic includes Arthur and the Maitre’D - Giuseppe. Roshan and assistant Siva were also excellent on the waitstaff, and the dining manager (can’t remember her name) was wonderful. There was no sommelier on our sailing, but we aren’t wine drinkers and didn’t mind.

ff87310b5e5cb9e27fd8e28e14369e32.jpg94f53c17e77e229d4f19643bbb3786d0.jpg0da98d796b692f8fd3d63626c87d8357.jpg4c9a75941ea5a3361686c398dbfac9fa.jpgcec891ab11cb4382364398cc5b2bb38f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by missthesea

I loved the chicken "nuggets" from the buffet on 8. Best nuggets I have eaten at sea. Have to agree that the fries were not as good as royal Caribbean. If you thought the pizza was good on 8, would you believe the made to order pizza from 4pm to midnight is even better?

Thought the yc restaurant food was very good but butchers cut steak was better. Will say that yc restaurant was better than coastal kitchen and butchers cut is better than chops on royal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk