Birth Cert./DL ??

pmoniz

I'm not sure how it works on NCL but if your Drivers License name is different from your birth certificate do you need to bring along your marriage license as well??

Yes, you should bring your marriage certificate as a bridge document, although they do not always ask for it.

no clue...its always best to cruise with a passport, for a variety of reasons.

Really??? Why bother responding to a question if you don't have the answer? No kidding a passport is best! Not everyone has one that cruises!

I'm not sure how it works on NCL but if your Drivers License name is different from your birth certificate do you need to bring along your marriage license as well??

If the names are different you need some documentation to prove that the person on the BC and the person on the DL are the same person. Usually this occurs with married women, and the easiest way is to bring the marriage license, issued by the government, not the church.

I used to cruise without a passport and always brought my marriage certificate. Out of 4 times there was only one time the agent told me if I had not brought my marriage certificate she would not have let me board, so always bring your marriage certificate!

The church does not issue a marriage license.

You are almost correct, some churches do issue ecclesiastical marriage licenses, that are just as important as the secular version.

NO married woman's name matches her BC...they will look at the birth date. You don't need a marriage cert. to cruise.

That first part is not even true. Many married women’s names match their birth certificate. Mine will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO married woman's name matches her BC...they will look at the birth date. You don't need a marriage cert. to cruise.

MANY married women names MATCH their birth certificates.

That being said, the issue is that if you have a birth certificate. And your second form of ID is a driver’s license with a different name, do you need documentation to link the two. The answer is, yes.

I have no idea where you came up with a statement like this, but I would suggest that probably 50% of married women who sail now have last names that match the name on their birth certificate. I believe that more woman do not adopt their husband's name than do adopt it.