First Time Wind Spirit Cruisers

Not2Shabby

This will be our 1st Windstar cruise. Tentatively planning 10/19 to the Society Islands, 10 days on the Wind Spirit. We love snorkeling. Been to the Great Barrier reef and was blown away. How will this compare?? Any comments on the ship, food, accommodations, etc? much appreciated. Not2shabby

• 2 weeks later...

We did the same cruise this past December. Cannot comment on the comparison of the snorkeling to the GBR, but it was very good. BUT the cruise was awesome. Ship great, food great, great and more great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I just returned from this cruise. I enjoyed each of my snorkeling excursions (drift snorkeling, Aqua Safari and snorkeling with sting rays and black-tipped sharks). However, I fear that all of the world's coral reefs are declining (including the GBR, which I visited in 1989 and 2000). The colors and coral forms are not as varied as I have seen in other parts of the world (however, I had not snorkeled for many years, so I suspect that it is worse everywhere. The fish, however, and the various experiences were still varied (and wonderful.) Casual snorkeling (off the ship at anchor) or off of motus where it is not specifically promoted is not particularly good, so I encourage you to do some excursions if you would like to do this.

We did the same cruise this past December. Cannot comment on the comparison of the snorkeling to the GBR, but it was very good. BUT the cruise was awesome. Ship great, food great, great and more great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And how was the heat in December? Was it bearable or incredibly humid and uncomfortable? Thanks.