Length of Walk from Bus Stop to Elbow Beach

Irish Eyes Are Sailing

Good Afternoon All!

Please forgive me if this has been asked a million times before. I have searched and have not landed on the answer.

We will be in Hamilton on HAL cruise and would like to take the public bus in the afternoon one day down to Elbow Beach just to walk around a little, not spend the whole day or anything. I assume Elbow has a public beach? If so, and we take the public bus from Hamilton down to the Elbow Beach stop, how long of a walk is it to the beach (on Tribe Rd?) It doesn't look too long on the map, but maps can be deceiving and we are seniors.....spry, but senior! (ie: no disabilities) We usually walk a mile or so at home with no issues, so can anyone tell us approximately the length of the jaunt we are thinking of taking? We just want to see that pink sand up close!

Thank you very much.

We will be in Hamilton on HAL cruise and would like to take the public bus in the afternoon one day down to Elbow Beach just to walk around a little, not spend the whole day or anything. I assume Elbow has a public beach? If so, and we take the public bus from Hamilton down to the Elbow Beach stop, how long of a walk is it to the beach (on Tribe Rd?) It doesn't look too long on the map, but maps can be deceiving and we are seniors.....spry, but senior! (ie: no disabilities) We usually walk a mile or so at home with no issues, so can anyone tell us approximately the length of the jaunt we are thinking of taking? We just want to see that pink sand up close!

Thank you very much.

Elbow Beach has a public beach. It is not a long walk down from the bus stop and should be no problem if you have no disabilities. Way less than a mile walk. Of course this is subjective but if you want to walk around a pink sand beach both Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe Bay are more beautiful. To me Elbow is somewhat meh. It lacks personality. If you can walk a mile you can walk from Warwick Long Bay to Horseshoe Bay. That is a great beach walk.

Edited by Charles4515

I think I found the info on the Bus 7 stops on another website and it seems there is a stop for Warwick Beach ....thank you anyway!

Yes. There are two stops for Warwick. The main stop on the west end with a larger parking lot and there is another stop on the east end. The east end stop is more a path. Whenever you take the bus to anywhere in Bermuda tell the bus driver when you board the stop you are going to so you don't miss the stop.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done it 3 times in the past. It's a pleasant 15-20 minute walk in the morning. Later in the afternoon, it's a sweaty & hot walk back (because it's a slightly uphill walk back and the sun is high in the sky).

I've done it 3 times in the past. It's a pleasant 15-20 minute walk in the morning. Later in the afternoon, it's a sweaty & hot walk back (because it's a slightly uphill walk back and the sun is high in the sky).

I prefer walking only one way starting at Warwick and walking to Horseshoe. I have done it roundtrip too, that works but that was because I started at Horseshoe. That was the first time and I was just walking to see what was past Horseshoe. I didn’t know then that the walk was something to do. Since Horseshoe has facilities, and food and drink I prefer starting at Warwick and ending at Horseshoe. It is like a goal. But the walk is great in either direction. I have only done the walk in the morning. When I go to the south shore beaches I arrive there between 9 and 9:30. I usually don’t stay too late in the afternoon.

Edited by Charles4515

I prefer walking only one way starting at Warwick and walking to Horseshoe.

Oops, sorry, I was talking about the walk from the bus stop to Elbow Beach and back.

I've also done the morning drop off at Warwick several times. We spend a few hours there, then take that lovely walk down to Horseshoe, take a dip, have a drink, and then catch a bus/taxi from Horseshoe back to dockyard.

Oops, sorry, I was talking about the walk from the bus stop to Elbow Beach and back.

Unless I remember wrong, I suppose that is possible, it was about ten years ago, the walk down the hill to Elbow Beach from the bus stop only seemed about a hundred yards to me. I recall getting down in under five minutes.

Possible they changed the bus stop to further down the road....the first time I ever did it was maybe 4 years ago. From the bus stop drop off, cross the street, turn right, walk a block, go left around the corner and then continue straight for a few hundred yards onto the beach. All told I'd guesstimate about 1/2 mile, maybe a little less.

Possible they changed the bus stop to further down the road....the first time I ever did it was maybe 4 years ago. From the bus stop drop off, cross the street, turn right, walk a block, go left around the corner and then continue straight for a few hundred yards onto the beach. All told I'd guesstimate about 1/2 mile, maybe a little less.

Back then I think there were two bus stops. One for Elbow Beach Resort and another for the public area of the beach. I told the bus driver I was going to the public part of the beach.