Quick World Class Bar Questions

Kdamghani

Good morning, had a couple quick questions regarding the world class bar (WCB) for our upcoming sailing.

1. What is the typical drink price range for WCB?
  2. Does the premium drink package in the WCB?

Thank you for the upcoming info!

There are 7 @ $15 which were included in the premium package in May on the eclipse & 3 @ $18 which we were just charged the extra $3... There have been reports of some not being charged any extra so maybe that's changed since...

There are 7 @ $15 which were included in the premium package in May on the eclipse & 3 @ $18 which we were just charged the extra $3... There have been reports of some not being charged any extra so maybe that's changed since...

Mr_T - would welcome your opinions on the drinks v the ones that you imbibed on eclipse when molecular was on the go [emoji41]

I think one needs to assume they will be charged the "overage" on anything priced over $13, and be considered "lucky" if they don't. i.e. the $15 drinks, assume a $2 bill when on premium package.

Also if any of this report is based on UK Eclipse sailings, they raise the drink prices there to be inclusive of gratuity and raise the package limits accordingly, so a $13 drink in the Caribbean may be priced at $15 in UK, and the $13 Premium Package limit in Caribbean may be $15 in the UK.

Mr_T - would welcome your opinions on the drinks v the ones that you imbibed on eclipse when molecular was on the go [emoji41]

It's a difficult one to answer fully as we only ended up there on 2 nights and the second night they were out of a few ingredients so some of the drinks we wanted to try were not available...

But saying that the ones we had were very nice...

It's very hard to compare at this stage as we did really love the molecular drinks and did spend most nights there on our 5 previous celebrity cruises...

So all I can say is we need to do further research in March... [emoji483][emoji4] If indeed it's on the reflection by then... Either way we will be deck 5 midship doing our research.... [emoji12]

I think one needs to assume they will be charged the "overage" on anything priced over $13, and be considered "lucky" if they don't. i.e. the $15 drinks, assume a $2 bill when on premium package.

Also if any of this report is based on UK Eclipse sailings, they raise the drink prices there to be inclusive of gratuity and raise the package limits accordingly, so a $13 drink in the Caribbean may be priced at $15 in UK, and the $13 Premium Package limit in Caribbean may be $15 in the UK.

That was the case in May... We were on the eclipse in the fjords out of Southampton, so the drinks I was told was $13 + tip making the $15 advertised price on the menu... I know the sums don't add up but I was told they just rounded it up to fit into the package!

Below is a link to a previous thread on this subject I did in April earlier in the year... Celebrity did confirm then that the 7 cheaper ones were included in the premium and the 3 higher priced ones would only have the difference charged... Which is what happen on the first world class bar cruise on the eclipse...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203250

Below is a link to a previous thread on this subject I did in April earlier in the year... Celebrity did confirm then that the 7 cheaper ones were included in the premium and the 3 higher priced ones would only have the difference charged... Which is what happen on the first world class bar cruise on the eclipse...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203250

In that thread I found this reply from X,

Hi there,

It is my understanding that guests with the Premium Beverage package will only pay the difference, not the full amount.

I didn't see them say anything about the cheaper drinks are included and others are at overage payment only. I also noted the timing of the reply was likely while the EC was in the UK, with the modified drink package pricing scheme in place.

Just to clarify since EC is no longer in the UK and has different menus out now, and I think the new menus pricing is $15 starting price, there fore a $2 upcharge should like be expected.

Edited by cle-guy

In that thread I found this reply from X,

I didn't see them say anything about the cheaper drinks are included and others are at overage payment only. I also noted the timing of the reply was likely while the EC was in the UK, with the modified drink package pricing scheme in place.

Just to clarify since EC is no longer in the UK and has different menus out now, and I think the new menus pricing is $15 starting price, there fore a $2 upcharge should like be expected.

I guess it could have been in an email as I did ask through various routes available...

But all I can say for sure is we tried both the $15 & $18 options and didn't pay any extra for the $15 ones & the difference on the $18 ones...

I've never experienced and actual price difference of any drink (or package) on any celebrity cruise on either side of the pond, only that out of the U.K. They advertise the price including tips...

We are cruising on Reflection in February. Will World Class be added by then? I can't find a schedule for the other S Class ships adding the bar. Is it still TBD for the other ships?

I saw an announcement a couple of weeks ago that said the switch would happen for the Nov 28 sailing. I hope that's true! It's the one we'll be on! :D

It's a difficult one to answer fully as we only ended up there on 2 nights and the second night they were out of a few ingredients so some of the drinks we wanted to try were not available...

But saying that the ones we had were very nice...

It's very hard to compare at this stage as we did really love the molecular drinks and did spend most nights there on our 5 previous celebrity cruises...

So all I can say is we need to do further research in March... [emoji483][emoji4] If indeed it's on the reflection by then... Either way we will be deck 5 midship doing our research.... [emoji12]

Hi Mr_T . I noticed you liked molecular on the NYE boat trip - as did I [emoji41]

Was on Reflection in June - still Molecular BUT terrible- no off menu drinks after the first night ( contractual wrangles they said) and disinterested staff. They had been told the change was to take place later in the Summer but it would seem not yet ?

Back on Eclipse in January so looking forward to a little quality time in World Class Bar [emoji12][emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

Hi Mr_T . I noticed you liked molecular on the NYE boat trip - as did I [emoji41]

Was on Reflection in June - still Molecular BUT terrible- no off menu drinks after the first night ( contractual wrangles they said) and disinterested staff. They had been told the change was to take place later in the Summer but it would seem not yet ?

Back on Eclipse in January so looking forward to a little quality time in World Class Bar [emoji12][emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

I'll look forward to your report once you're back on the queens land [emoji4]

I just got an email from a friend on the Eclipse now, she said so far her husband has not been charged extra above the premium package for his drinks in the World Bar. He is really enjoying the new drinks.

Great to hear... [emoji4]

We are cruising on Reflection in February. Will World Class be added by then? I can't find a schedule for the other S Class ships adding the bar. Is it still TBD for the other ships?

I saw an announcement a couple of weeks ago that said the switch would happen for the Nov 28 sailing. I hope that's true! It's the one we'll be on! :D

Just had a reply from celebrity official saying that the world class bar will be installed on the reflection in January 2016...

Edited by MR_T

We are just off the Equinox, and were charged the difference between the premium package and World Class Bar prices. We loved the Molecular bar but we're not thrilled with the World Class Bar. Our group tried a few drinks and were not impressed.

Was that for both the different prices ones ($15/$18) or just the higher priced ones?

Thanks

That was for both drink prices. I just feel that if a person has paid the price for the premium package that every public bar should have something that fits that package without an up charge.

Thanks [emoji4]