Bonnie OBC prebooking how much longer?

cruiseaholic78

Posted October 17th, 2017, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by johnnyd
On October 7th, Bonnie posted on this thread that there would be some news or an update on this subject within a week of her posting. There has been numerous posts on this subject. There is no official Azamara workaround to use OBC for ship excursions for anyone cruising after 12/31/2017. There have been promises made! There are no results! Why can't the current workaround be extended for 2018 cruises until the capability to use OBC before a cruise to book excursions is put into place?

This was Bonnie’s answer to the above on 17th October

I know you've heard this before from me but I really am expecting to hear any day now.

Bonnie I know you are bombarded with questions but people have been waiting for an answer to the workaround for months now. Originally we were not that worried because our cruise was months away but in the meantime these months have passed and January is (yes yes yes) slowly getting nearer. To be honest I hoped that an updated website would be avilable with the introduction of the Pursuit however this was not the case.I hope you will be able to give us the promised answer because any day now was last week.

P.S. sorry about the colours but this happened when I copy/pasted from the original post.

Rosalyn

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnie, are they really still not answering your question?

As this is the third thread with the same question maybe we should have asked Mr Pimental to convince someone in the hierachy of Miami to get this sorted. Please bear in mind that Azamara gave us all the OBC and as our first cruise is only 7 days we do not want to waste time booking/cancelling and financing these tours out of our own credit card account.

At the beginning of this Saga we thought we would not worry because our cruises are months away, those months have passed without an answer for 2018.

Maybe the powers that be can help us with an early Christmas present.

Enabling booking excursions online using on board credit would seem an easy thing to introduce compared to all the high tech changes coming soon announced last week #RCLSeabeyond which it said would be on all brands including Azamara. I wonder if it will make My Azamara more user friendly too with the ability to see LCV points and OBC on the app?

Bonnie, are they really still not answering your question?

As this is the third thread with the same question maybe we should have asked Mr Pimental to convince someone in the hierachy of Miami to get this sorted. Please bear in mind that Azamara gave us all the OBC and as our first cruise is only 7 days we do not want to waste time booking/cancelling and financing these tours out of our own credit card account.

At the beginning of this Saga we thought we would not worry because our cruises are months away, those months have passed without an answer for 2018.

Maybe the powers that be can help us with an early Christmas present.

It seems that the only time that we get a quick reply to any thread is when someone is praising Azamara, that doesn't happen very often these days.

So what is the average increase in excursion costs if you book on board with OBC vs prepaying on your credit card, cancelling and rebooking with OBC once you get on board to guarantee the tour your want?

As you’re in the UK it’s not only the increased price, my experience was $10_15 a trip, it’s the exchange rate issues - Azamara were converting at 1.21 on purchase and our card issuer was converting back at 1.34 on refund

It seems that the only time that we get a quick reply to any thread is when someone is praising Azamara, that doesn't happen very often these days.

I feel this comment is unfair. Bonnie has commented on this topic several times, saying she is asking Miami and will give us an answer as soon as she has one. I have also seen her replying to negative comments and suggesting actions such as getting in touch with Mr Twynam, the UK MD

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I feel this comment is unfair. Bonnie has commented on this topic several times, saying she is asking Miami and will give us an answer as soon as she has one. I have also seen her replying to negative comments and suggesting actions such as getting in touch with Mr Twynam, the UK MD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think anyone is criticizing Bonnie. It's a well deserved shot at Azamara for making promises and not delivering on them.

I don't think anyone is criticizing Bonnie. It's a well deserved shot at Azamara for making promises and not delivering on them.

I agree, my comment was not directed at Bonnie or any individual.

Edited by Bloodaxe

I agree,

Over the last few years there has been a change in the direction of the corporate communications and it has not all been for the better, I suppose many remember how it used to be and want that balance of interaction back. The only area it has improved is in relation to UK specific issues and that was initially unexpected as it coincided (but was not a result of) the overseas relocation of our call centres.

By their nature blogs and tweets don’t naturally address the kind of issues like the OBC project delays, pricing concerns and the urgency of those needing answers about SJU, whereas it’s easier to respond to good news. Good communications covers good and bad in equal measure and regular/ proactive interventions when it’s less good news. The current focus and resources don’t seem to allow for this.

• 2 weeks later...