What is the first thing you do?

nickiefriend

Depends on the ship. Last cruise we were on so early, buffets weren't even open yet. We grabbed a drink by the pool, found another bar and hung out. But generally, I like to go grab food somewhere - where that is depends on the ship.

I go to the deli and get two Salmon Bagels. (Hold the bagel, just the fish and smear) then go to the coffee bar and get a Strawberry Shake, then to Guys for a Ringer. Squeeze some lemon on the Salmon, smear goes on the Ringer then it's a bite of fish, a bite of burger, a sip of shake. Repeat until done. A cold-cold Mountain Dew chaser makes a perfect lunch.

Depends on the cruise. I think the first day is a great day to hit the hot tubs or on ships have the Italian restaurant I'll take advantage of the free lunch before everyone else finds out about later in the week. If I have FFT I'll go to the cabin and change before I hit the hot tub, otherwise. I'll have on a bathing suit when I get on board and just carry on plastic sack with a quick change afterwords and by then the room is usually ready. Everything else is checked with my luggage.

Always go directly to the main dining room. Love the relaxed ambiance, white tablecloths, and that first very dirty martini. There's something about having that drink with lunch, (something I don't usually do) while lingering over a beautiful meal, that feels like vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are early boarders (love to make the most of that first day we are paying for ;p) and go straight to check out our cabin (balcony or OS) FTTF, meet our cabin steward and put our carry on items away, change if necessary then head out to grab lunch...after lunch make sure our seating is for 3 of us if early dinning or just explore and make sure we know where the giant chess board is (DS :rolleyes:)...then we usually end up from there going to muster after some people watching (especially the first timers and their expressions) then to our balcony for sail away....of course we typically grab our DOD on way to or right after lunch...we will def hit the Tandoor grill on the Magic in December (and again in late March) as that is our go for lunch when we cruise Magic...(sad to see her go next year :( )

Edited by Drazil65

I usually cruise with my 3 older brothers along with our better halves, and we just try and settle in and meet up on some deck and start ordering buckets of beer. First night is usually an early night between all the usual first day process.