Dream, Valor, Triumph, Glory to reposion

jedi bobs

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE TO INCREASE CAPACITY ON

SHORT CRUISE PROGRAMS FROM GALVESTON AND NEW ORLEANS IN 2019

Carnival Dream, Carnival Valor to Operate Four- and Five-Day Mexico Cruises From Galveston and New Orleans, Respectively, Providing New Exciting Choices in Two Popular Homeports

MIAMI (November 16, 2019) – Building upon its position as the leader in Gulf Coast cruising, Carnival Cruise Line has announced it will expand capacity on its short cruise offerings from Galveston and New Orleans beginning in 2019.

Carnival Dream will launch four- and five-day cruises to Mexico year-round from Galveston beginning in May 2019, becoming the newest and largest Carnival ship to operate a short cruise program from that port and providing Texans with an exciting and convenient new vacation option.

In turn, Carnival Valor, currently based in Galveston, will shift to New Orleans to begin year-round four- and five-day cruises from the Big Easy beginning May 2019. It will be the largest ship to offer a year-round short cruise schedule from New Orleans.

Four- day long weekend cruises depart Thursdays and visit Cozumel, while five-day voyages depart Mondays and Saturdays calling at Cozumel and Progreso. Some five-day itineraries from Galveston feature Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Each of these stunning Mexican destinations offer world-class beaches, excellent shopping and dining experiences, and opportunities to visit historical attractions and landmarks, including centuries-old Mayan ruins. A wide variety of “fun in the sun” shore excursion choices, from paddle-boarding and ziplining to ATV adventures and watersports like scuba diving and snorkeling, is also available.

“Galveston and New Orleans are two of our most popular and fastest-growing homeports and Carnival Dream and Carnival Valor provide wonderful short cruise options in these markets, offering an exciting array of features which, combined with our convenient and value-packed short cruise itineraries to Mexico, add up to an unbeatable vacation experience,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.

Carnival Dream from Galveston

The 3,646-passenger Carnival Dream will kick off its year-round four- and five-day schedule from Galveston beginning May 23, 2019, representing a 22 percent increase in capacity on this program.

Carnival Dream recently underwent an extensive makeover that added a number of exciting food and beverage options, including Guy’s Pig and Anchor Bar-B-Que created by Food Network star Guy Fieri, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, BlueIguana Cantina serving authentic Mexican fare and the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurant. These complement such attractions as a WaterWorks aqua park, luxurious Cloud 9 Spa and more.

Carnival Dream will join Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista, which repositions to Galveston in fall 2018, and together these three ships are expected to carry nearly 650,000 passengers annually from Galveston – more than any cruise line.

Carnival Valor from New Orleans

The 2,974-passenger Carnival Valor will kick off its new year-round schedule of four- and five-day cruises from New Orleans May 16, 2019, replacing Carnival Triumph and representing a nearly 10 percent increase in capacity on the line’s short cruise program from that port. Carnival Triumph will be deployed to another homeport to be announced at a later date. Also in May 2019, Carnival Glory will take over the New Orleans-based year-round seven-day schedule of Carnival Dream. Together, Carnival Valor and Carnival Glory are expected to carry nearly 400,000 passengers from New Orleans.

Carnival Valor last year underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation that added such popular highlights as Guy’s Burger Joint, developed in tandem with celebrity chef Guy Fieri, the Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub, SkyBox sports bar, Alchemy Bar and the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar. Other features on Carnival Valor include an adults-only Serenity retreat, a 214-foot-long water slide and Scarlett’s, a classic American steakhouse.

Wow NO is getting geiped big time loosing the Dream, and getting the Glory to replace her.

NOLA actually gains slightly. They lose the larger Dream and the smaller Triumph, and gain two medium size ships, Glory and Valor. I think they want to increase their short-cruise capacity (Valor replacing Triumph ) to counter RCI returning to NOLA. Wonder where the Triumph is headed....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

The Glory is pretty up to date, I think she'll still be a good option. She has those awesome looking Captain's Suites right above the bridge too. When I saw the announcement, I was hoping for a 3rd ship there, but you really can't go too many places on a 4-5 night cruise from New Orleans.

Its interesting Carnival is using large ships for short itineraries. I wouldn't book either as they are too short for my liking. Wonder if the west coast will get anything decent, we always get left out. Guess that's why they say left coast ;) I'd take anything above a Fantasy class.

Its interesting Carnival is using large ships for short itineraries. I wouldn't book either as they are too short for my liking. Wonder if the west coast will get anything decent, we always get left out. Guess that's why they say left coast ;) I'd take anything above a Fantasy class.

Maybe you'll get the Triumph to replace one of the Fantasy Class ships. I think part of the issue on the West Coast is that there are only so many places you can go, even on a 7 day cruise, but Carnival must be selling the 3 and 4 night cruises as they are scheduled farther out than most itineraries.

I also wonder if they'll look at basing the Triumph in New York, Boston, or even Norfolk and working on more Bermuda sailings.

Maybe you'll get the Triumph to replace one of the Fantasy Class ships. I think part of the issue on the West Coast is that there are only so many places you can go, even on a 7 day cruise, but Carnival must be selling the 3 and 4 night cruises as they are scheduled farther out than most itineraries.

I also wonder if they'll look at basing the Triumph in New York, Boston, or even Norfolk and working on more Bermuda sailings.

I'll take the Triumph out west. I wish they did ~10 day out of San Diego as there are 4-5 other ports they could do. Norfolk would be nice too.

I'll take the Triumph out west. I wish they did ~10 day out of San Diego as there are 4-5 other ports they could do. Norfolk would be nice too.

I know some people think that Carnival will sell some Fantasy Class ships, but if they can keep filling them, it definitely opens up ideas like the 10 day out of SD. I think the Journey cruises have shown that Carnival can sell some longer cruises. I think that a partial Panama Canal transit can be done from SD in 10-11 nights. You could do 15 - 11 night partial transits 15 - 10 nights to Alaska from San Francisco and have 40 nights for repositioning, Hawaii round trips and other cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The west coast had a brand new Carnival ship and could not fill her....that is why they left.

At least CCL is not (presumably) having to cancel and re-do thousands of bookings like RCCL is doing with their ship repositioning. There is much gnashing of teeth happening on the RCCL board right now. :o

Yes they will have to do many re-dos as they have been booking 4 and 5 day cruises on the Glory out of New Orleans and now it is only going to make 7 day cruises.

The west coast had a brand new Carnival ship and could not fill her....that is why they left.

We didn't want Splendor after its incident. :p But in all fairness I wanted to sail on her out here. I've been on a few Carnival 9+ day cruises out of SoCal and there are some nice itineraries. We can dream about a sunshined Triumph or maybe Royal will come back.

We didn't want Splendor after its incident. :p But in all fairness I wanted to sail on her out here. I've been on a few Carnival 9+ day cruises out of SoCal and there are some nice itineraries. We can dream about a sunshined Triumph or maybe Royal will come back.

My guess is that you will have a newer Carnival ship out there in 2019.

This totally sucks for New Orleans.

We finally had a nice ship which will be replaced with Glory.

Ugh.

I have no interest in ever sailing Glory again.

Curious as to why you don't like Glory? I'm sailing on her in January. After Breeze, Valor is my next favorite. Liberty was nice as well.

Yes they will have to do many re-dos as they have been booking 4 and 5 day cruises on the Glory out of New Orleans and now it is only going to make 7 day cruises.

I don't think the announcement made today should have any impact on the Glory bookings already being made. The changes are to take effect in May 2019, and nothing out of New Orleans or on the Glory is being booked that far in advance yet. The Glory is covering Triumph's dry dock starting March 2, 2019. The Valor is going to start sailing from New Orleans on May 19th according to today's press release. Without any information on Triumph's new home and without actual sailing dates being posted past April it's hard to know exactly what is happening but I am wondering if Triumph will really be in dry dock for those 11 weeks or if its a shorter dry dock and she will move to her new homeport earlier. If its really that long there could be some major Sunshine type work happening to her.

The Glory is pretty up to date, I think she'll still be a good option. She has those awesome looking Captain's Suites right above the bridge too. When I saw the announcement, I was hoping for a 3rd ship there, but you really can't go too many places on a 4-5 night cruise from New Orleans.

The same places you can go from Galveston.

I'm not a fan of four day cruises, but I actually like the five day ones so I'm glad to see Dream will be doing these out of Galveston. I'm also glad to see they will be doing some of them to Costa Maya instead of Progreso. Planning to book a five day on the Dream for early 2020 as soon as the next reduced deposits special roles around.

I like the 5 day cruises from NOLA, because I can travel on the weekend, board the ship on Monday, return home on Saturday/Sunday and only have to use a week of vacation.

However, it does mean having to forgo some of the amenities of the newer ships. Prior to the Triumph, I was doing a lot of sailing on the Elation.

I've always wanted to try the steakhouse! Does the Valor offer much the Triumph doesn't?

I like the 5 day cruises from NOLA, because I can travel on the weekend, board the ship on Monday, return home on Saturday/Sunday and only have to use a week of vacation.

However, it does mean having to forgo some of the amenities of the newer ships. Prior to the Triumph, I was doing a lot of sailing on the Elation.

I've always wanted to try the steakhouse! Does the Valor offer much the Triumph doesn't?

Valor is the same class as freedom which I was on in Feb...if they’re the same the main differences are fridges in rooms, serenity, red frog pub, streakhouse, bigger buffet, Mongolian wok (don’t think Triumph had it), bbq place...and there was another food place up with the bbq place I never tried. Other than that it felt the same as Triumph.

I was hoping they’d upgrade from Triumph to a conquest class ship but if dream left I was hoping we’d get magic.

Edited by Saint Greg