New Booking while onboard Packages

baytraller

The new packages are based on stateroom booked

Interior, Oceanview and Balcony - based on a 10 day cruise

$300 Shore Excursions Credit - Unlimited Wifi for 1 device - Premium Beverage Package for 2 guests

The benefits for Club Continental etc are better

There is no longer any loyalty level cruise fare discount for booking on board

Also last week B2B discount was lowered

Now $300 for cruise of 8 days or less - $400 for 9 days or more

Peter and Trish (now onboard the Journey)

What has this B2B offer changed from, as this is the same deal I got 3 weeks ago, as per the Azamara website. It is given as extra OBC rather than a discount. Just curious...

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/plan/extended-voyages-programme

$300 Shore Excursions Credit - Unlimited Wifi for 1 device - Premium Beverage Package for 2 guests

There is no longer any loyalty level cruise fare discount for booking on board.

Personally, I don’t mind this as these are benefits that would enhance my cruise and added together are better than my 7% Discoverer Plus level discount.

Are these a special onboard promotion which are not combinable with the Loyalty discount? Only yesterday, Bonnie has posted the T&C’s in respect of the Loyalty Discounts in respect of Le Club Voyage levels when booking on board or taking out a future cruise certificate. I haven’t seen any announcement from AZ changing this.

Edited by Azamarajunkie
spelling

Peter and Trish (now onboard the Journey)[/quote

Surprised, as we booked a cruise last week on board Journey. We got LCV 4% discount as we were Explorer level during the cruise, but were told we could apply for the extra 1% after the cruise as we went up to Discoverer at the end of the cruise. We also used our 4 complimentary nights.

Azamara’s website still says there are LCV discounts for booking on board (3% Adventurer, 4% Explorer, 5% Discoverer, 7% Discoverer Plus, 10% Discoverer Platinum).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seems to have been brought in very quietly, from the U.K. website:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/cruiseagain

This is dated 28th October 2017 and is now being called Cruise Again.

In the LCV section the discounts are are still being shown but sounds like the change is still work in progress. We have two open passage bookings so will be looking at this carefully to see how this affects us.

Obviously no-one has told Bonnie, because as already mentioned 12 hours ago she was quoting the LCV discount levels in the thread headed LCV - Discoverer Benefit Question.

Perhaps Bonnie will be able to check out what conditions apply to both new bookings made onboard, and to existing bookings made on board after 28 October 2017.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Wow. This is not good news. Very little value to me. I can't believe this has been brought in so covertly and not sure what is going on at Azamara just now.

Phil

My initial impression as well Phil, it also compounds the shore excursion OBC problem which we already know Azamara can’t handle.

So currently we have two open passage bookings bought specifically to access our 7% discount, but now we apparently get $300 OBC for trips that we don’t particularly want, one internet package between two (when if we booked onboard we would have had two) and premium drinks packages when if we upgrade we go ultimate with the 20% LCV discount.

Doesn't look like good news for those of us who prefer to take private shore excursions either. I was not impressed with the Azamara shore excursion we took on Journey recently. It seems to me that Azamara management have snuck this change in quietly and yet again, it's not for the passengers benefit. I would much prefer to have the loyalty discount.

As Phil says, not sure what is going on with Azamara just now.

Wow. This is not good news. Very little value to me. I can't believe this has been brought in so covertly and not sure what is going on at Azamara just now.

Phil

So effectively loyalty now means what?

So agree Phil

Bonnie it’s obviously so covert you were not aware so can you clarify for us all

Laundry is now wash and fold only

What's next?

They will probably soon be changing the washing machines and dryers for scrubbing boards and mangels to save on power.

r

Edited by Bloodaxe

Yes this is being offered now. I am not a drinker, only wine with meals so this is not attractive to me. What happened to our loyalty benefits like discounts and free internet minutes? Who knows...

Perhaps it’s come about due to LCV discount scheme being unattractive to new passengers.

We were certainly aware as others have been that there are significant numbers of first time passengers on recent cruises. As booking onboard is the best way to get them back the scheme needs to be attractive to them unfortunately it seems at the expense of loyal passengers.

Maybe Azamara assume we will return whatever the conditions, but that’s a very dangerous assumption!

Oh well that’s three future cruise certificates we won’t be buying next month!

I have no interest in enhanced drink packages and given the weaknesses in the Land Discoveries product and the fact I cannot prebook using OBC that $300 is of little value. My Platinum discount was of value, this isn’t.

An update. I emailed Nicole Lukacs, LCV Ambassador this morning and have had it confirmed by her and Signe Bjorndal who is Director of Onboard Sales and Marketing that the new offer detailed by the OP is a trial and may or may not be implemented permanently depending upon how it is received. It is addition to the current LCV discount and guests can still take benefit from that if they wish. So I think there are some crossed wires somewhere.

Phil

Would it be possible that these on board booking benefits are in addition to the LCV benefits. It sounds sort of similar to the perks program you would receive on Celebrity for booking on board but then you also receive your Captains Club benefit.

I'm sure they're doing this to attract first time cruisers to rebook while on board.