Thalassotherapy pool/Sauna/Steam on Marina?

LaCroisiereS'amuse

I have not seen anyone have a spa treatment on the spa deck but then I do not spend all day there

We were asked to leave the T pool once, on a Baltic Itinerary, when a Spa patron had booked a "treatment" which was given in the pool itself.

The Pool portion was only a section of a longer more extensive massage, and after the masseuse and the Patron left the pool, about a half an hour later, we were free to return if we wished.

It is probably impossible to gauge how this would impact other users of the pool in advance, as it depends on how many of those "special massages" are sold each day.

Flexibility is the key.

On our recent cruise on Nautica, I was told that I would need to buy a pass if I wanted to use the thelassotherapy pool prior to my spa treatments. (We were staying in a veranda cabin, not a suite.) Seems a shame to not allow passengers who are paying for Canyon Ranch service to not be able to relax there for a short while if they desire. Most spas everywhere encourage patrons to come in early to relax. (And there was no one on the private deck.)

Unfortunately, this is correct. Canyon ranch is not known for their generosity ( I used to live 5 miles from the one in Tucson, and they are very stingy).

On our recent cruise on Nautica, I was told that I would need to buy a pass if I wanted to use the thelassotherapy pool prior to my spa treatments. (We were staying in a veranda cabin, not a suite.) Seems a shame to not allow passengers who are paying for Canyon Ranch service to not be able to relax there for a short while if they desire. Most spas everywhere encourage patrons to come in early to relax. (And there was no one on the private deck.)

That does not seem right

I had a treatment & they told me I could use the spa deck prior or after the treatment

It may be up to the discretion of the spa manager....viewing the Canyon Ranch booklet:

Enjoy these private environments with the purchase of a daily pass:

THALASSOTHERAPY POOL

The therapeutic and healing benefits of saltwater and massage are united in the wonderful thalassotherapy pool, where you can unwind and feel the power of flowing water unknotting tired muscles. Excellent post-workout or pre-massage.

SUNDECK

Relax on our private sundeck after your thalassotherapy experience. Enjoy a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of other travelers.

They may relax the policy however...