FYI, New Promo

firecrewcapt

Just spoke to a Princess rep regarding another matter on our bookings, I asked if there was any new Promos coming out and the answer was yes. June 21-23, 3 day sale, will be along the lines of a Sip n Sail that affects Summer of '19 through Spring of '20. I'm just the messenger, that is all.

If this is anything like last year's sale, this three day sale is offered through one of the online travel agencies ... so keep your eyes open for it as we aren't allowed to name TAs on these boards. I've got my cruises all ready to book as soon as that sale opens up!

We received an email last week, from an unmentionable agent and looks like that is correct, it will be the same specfic travel agency as last year. I deleted their name, just posting what they said in the email.

With bucket list destinations like the white sands of the Caribbean, the sparkling glaciers of Alaska, and the historic ruins of Europe, there is an awe-inspiring adventure for everyone. Come back new when you indulge in relaxing pursuits, enriching activities, world-class entertainment, and gourmet cuisines. When you set sail for your dream vacation with Princess Cruises, you are setting a course for a world full of new discoveries.

Book your cruise on select Princess Cruises sailings during our 3 Day Sale from June 21 - 23, and enjoy one or more of the following exclusive T/A extras:

• Free Drinks (Balcony and Above)
  • Free Gratuities
  • Free Specialty Dining (Mini Suite and Above)
  • Over $750 Savings in Onboard Coupons
  • Reduced Deposit
  • Up to $200 Savings for Princess Captain's Circle members

If this is anything like last year's sale, this three day sale is offered through one of the online travel agencies ... so keep your eyes open for it as we aren't allowed to name TAs on these boards. I've got my cruises all ready to book as soon as that sale opens up!

Why would they have exclusivity with one travel agent?

wonder if they will have excellent service for the expected ton of new bookings...

wonder if it is for new bookings only? - would love transfer our 12/4/19 cruise to get some of those perks - but it's only a 3 day inaugural cruise...:(

Edited by voljeep

Why would they have exclusivity with one travel agent?

I got the impression it's the travel agent doing this on their own & not Princess, base on ..during our 3 Day Sale.... They did this last year, and we did book one cruise under the promo.

It seems like all these perks were in the reservation letter provided by the T/A and may not have shown up under the cruise personalizer.

It's been a year now and could probably find the email, just no way to see what was in the personalizer.

As the Princess rep is the on who told the OP about it, I assumed it would be something that Princess was involved with. Not sure whey they would discuss something that a large online booking site was offering and not them. I have no interest in booking with the large online agency so will wait until Princess hopefully offers the same or at least the sip & sale.

This same sale last year was not through Princess but one very large agency. I would never use the agency as it reminds me of a call center verses real agents.

I have never used the company offering this. Anyone have any feedback on it?
I used them for flights long ago, but haven't lately.

My DW and I were sitting in the lobby of our Rome hotel last October when six people showed up with their lodging confirmations from this agency. The hotel had no record of the bookings. We didn't hang around to learn what happened, but it's not something you want to hear upon arrival.

I've used the site to compare cruise fares over the years and have never seen anything remotely close to what my TA offers.

There are small local agencies that are a part of this group. I know as I booked a cruise for this September with one of them during this sale last year. The agent was very attentive and threw in a couple other small (very) perks. At the time the price was also very good, but the price on this cruise has dropped significantly so we rebooked and gave up the beverage package, a savings that will more than pay for our drinks. This is not the agency with a $24.99 booking fee and $100 cancellation fee.

I also received the email. It's from a large on-line travel agency. They have a local office about an hour from my house. I spoke to a local rep. I'll need to cancel my existing cruise with Princess, then re-book with her. She will try and protect the cabin, but there are no guarantees. It's best to have a couple of alternative cabins available. They won't have the pricing until the day of the sale. The sale is not through Princess, so I'm surprised the Princess rep would even mention it.

Is this the one with the $24.99 booking fee and the $100 cancellation policy?

Nope, a very reputable, well known and national online big box TA. No fee or penalty other than what cruise line would charge. I use it all the time to book my flights and cruises without issue.

This same sale last year was not through Princess but one very large agency. I would never use the agency as it reminds me of a call center verses real agents.

I assume you are not very familiar with them? They have numerous outlets in our city, staffed with "real agents", and our go-to TA is a great lady, very helpful and always available. We'll drop by her office sometimes unannounced to discuss details of one of the trips we have booked with her, and she's always unfailingly helpful. So, not, it's not JUST a call center and has very real agents. There's the economy of scale issue at play here as well, and her big agency also offers a few perks/perqs that smaller agencies can't or won't offer.

I assume you are not very familiar with them? They have numerous outlets in our city, staffed with "real agents", and our go-to TA is a great lady, very helpful and always available. We'll drop by her office sometimes unannounced to discuss details of one of the trips we have booked with her, and she's always unfailingly helpful. So, not, it's not JUST a call center and has very real agents. There's the economy of scale issue at play here as well, and her big agency also offers a few perks/perqs that smaller agencies can't or won't offer.

I am familiar with their website. They must be more popular in Canada. I know they have some offices in the US but for most people, it is a website. Everyone I know who has booked with them has had their "agent" change quickly so I assume a huge turnover in many places.

Same time last year I had 2 cruises with Princess booked. I was waiting for the sip n sail promo to come along in June to re book, when I saw a thread about this 3 day sale. Called the day it started. Told the agent who answered that I was interested in transferring my cruises to the agency under their sale. He took my information and said he would call me back when he had Princess on the line. 20 minutes later he called back with Princess on a 3 way call. Princess could not have been nicer and did the transfer during the call. Both Princess and the new TA emailed me confirmations immediately. I also looked on line at my Princess account to make sure the changes had been made. My cabin and fares remained the same and I gained along with the drink package, free gratuities, and since we were in a mini a specialty dinner and $50 OBC.

I am familiar with their website. They must be more popular in Canada. I know they have some offices in the US but for most people, it is a website. Everyone I know who has booked with them has had their "agent" change quickly so I assume a huge turnover in many places.

Sorry, I didn't realize they weren't so ubiquitous in the US. Around here, they're everywhere. There's at least a half-dozen franchise storefronts within 10 miles of me.

In January while waiting for my delayed flight in FLL. I was talking to a lady who was a Princess rep. She happened to be my agency (starts with an E*****a) Princess rep. She mentioned their E******a’s June Princess Sale.

The sailings involved are for:

"summer 2019 through spring 2020 sailings".

My email stated that

"Book a balcony or above stateroom on select sailings"

in order to receive the list posted above.

The small print is "Valid for new bookings created and deposited June 21-23, 2018..."

so, if I understand this correctly - no other TA's can offer this deal at this time

and

it's not even available to book directly - during those dates - at Princess...?

I'd love to know when Princess will be offering this too. I want to take advantage of the drinks package with two current bookings I have but would prefer to then transfer them to my existing TA. But.... I don't want to take the chance Princess won't be having the Sip n Sail and then miss out entirely :confused: