Has anyone used Giovanni from TourofItaly.com? for Naples Excursion?

Hi,

We are wondering if anyone has used Giovanni from Tourofitaly.com for Naples excursions?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

We want to see Amalfi and Pompeii or Hurculeum. What price line am I looking at here. Looks like most tour operators are charging around 450 Euro + for 3 or more people.

Good/bad feedback??

In November, 2004, we used Giovanni, and were very satisfied. Originally, we were scheduled to tender in Amalfi, but docked in Naples instead. We had emailed him about it a couple of days in advance, but he had been keeping track of the ship, and already knew.

Because we thought we'd be in Amalfi, rather than Naples, we didn't include Pompei in our itinerary. We went along the Amalfi Drive, and stopped in Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano and Ravello, as well as numerous scenic spots.

Before the trip, our plans were for four people (two couples who had met on a message board), but since his van holds six or seven, we invited another couple we met on the ship to join us, which lowered the per couple cost. My recollection is that the cost ended up being 100 Euro per couple.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband & I used Giovanni for our Amalfi Coast tour on May 21. He picked us up at the dock in Naples; we spent the entire day together and had so much fun. There was plenty of time to shop, take pictures, and have lunch. You will love him! Maggie

We used him last July and I recommend him. He picked our party of 6 up in Naples and drove us to Pompeii to begin. He had a wonderful guide waiting for us for a two hour private tour. Rest of the day was spend in Sorrento and Positano. We enjoyed Positano so much that we spend most of our time there. Cost was 350 Euros. plus 90 Euros for the guide in Pompeii. Enjoy!!

We used him several times during our trip to Positano, Capri, and Sorrento a few years ago. He was fantastic! He was knowledgeable, dependable, and gave us fantastic suggestions for restaurants. He told us about a tradition that when you are in love and in Sorrento, you should carry a rose. So he sent a beautiful rose to me at our hotel.

Archived