Superbowl?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:11 AM.
Connecticut USA
291 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Well, While we are not fanatical, both my wife and I enjoy a good football game... AND "our" team stands a good chance of making the Superbowl this year...

So I have to ask. "Any chance of this game being played anywhere on the Royal Clipper on February 5"? (Port of call is "The best of the Grenadines")

If not, a small price to pay for the trip... but if so it would certainly be the icing on the cake!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
28 cruises
49 countries
6 Continents

Next up? Cruise and Maritime Voyages "British Isles Discovery"
March 2018 On the same ship my father cruised on in 1947...
37 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
I've been on NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity during playoffs and super bowl and always the game was shown on the ship, I think one time it was even on the room TV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Connecticut USA
291 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by jayjayp
I've been on NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity during playoffs and super bowl and always the game was shown on the ship, I think one time it was even on the room TV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Oh, trust me JayJay, I have watched MANY a superbowl on cruise liners over the years (Jan to Feb the only months we can cruise due to work)

What I DONT know is if Star Clippers have TV for this sort of event.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
28 cruises
49 countries
6 Continents

7 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Hate to burst your bubble, but Best of the Grenadines will probably be a beach with perhaps a beach bar,,,, if big beach and a big beach bar you might get some super bowl viewing, but I would not assume the ship will show the super bowl, based on many previous Star Clipper sails. They have TVs in the cabins but they normally show ship videos, movies and perhaps an odd channel or two based on location, but the ships are not geared towards viewing big US sporting events. Hope you get a good Pain Killer or 2 at the beach bar though and enjoy that sail!!
Connecticut USA
291 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
My wife is gonna kill me.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
28 cruises
49 countries
6 Continents

Connecticut USA
291 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Post script...

Yes we did see the Superbowl. Star Clippers went WAY out of their way to get the channel, and about 30 of us gathered in the library to watch the game while under full sail in the Grenadines... A magical night.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
28 cruises
49 countries
6 Continents

465 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Glad they made it happen for you! It's been a couple of years since we've been to the Caribbean aboard one of the Clippers - we need to remedy that situation.