Messina

VidaLouca

Not sure what ship you are on but we did the Godfather Tour when we were on Constellation last year.

Really enjoyed the views and the drive up to it. Also a coffee in Bar Vitelli

The commune name is Savoca and it is far more interesting than being Godfather scenery.

OP should reconsider DIY and look into touring with "Sicily with Mario." Google him and connect. You will be very satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The commune name is Savoca and it is far more interesting than being Godfather scenery.

OP should reconsider DIY and look into touring with "Sicily with Mario." Google him and connect. You will be very satisfied.

That's correct. The Godfather tour took us to Savoca

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Alex

I heard that it's a winding road with cliffs and scary for people who are afraid of heights?:o

So winding that many large busses cannot make the final turn at the base of the village and it means a little further walk (not that bad - nor is the road really scary (if you keep your eyes closed [emoji102].

Thank you! I have this unhealthy fear of heights! Silly! But that's me! Had a traumatic experience once not worth mentioning.... If I'm the driver I'm ok..... :D

So winding that many large busses cannot make the final turn at the base of the village and it means a little further walk (not that bad - nor is the road really scary (if you keep your eyes closed [emoji102].

• 4 months later...
Thank you! I have this unhealthy fear of heights! Silly! But that's me! Had a traumatic experience once not worth mentioning.... If I'm the driver I'm ok..... :D

Ugh! One of my fears also. Seems everything is on cliffs! We are considering doing Taormina on our through cruise line. You mentioned you had done this before. Wondering how the drive to Taormina is?? TIA :)

Ugh! One of my fears also. Seems everything is on cliffs! We are considering doing Taormina on our through cruise line. You mentioned you had done this before. Wondering how the drive to Taormina is?? TIA :)

The drive from Messina to Taormina is pretty much a straight shot along the coast (though it would be a shame not to head up to one or two of the hill towns.

For the best guide in the area, do check out "Sicily with Mario." (See Trip Advisor Reviews). Here's Taormina from the mountain above:

07b019fa7fc2a3668497f8bb84b04846.jpg

The drive from Messina to Taormina is pretty much a straight shot along the coast (though it would be a shame not to head up to one or two of the hill towns.

For the best guide in the area, do check out "Sicily with Mario." (See Trip Advisor Reviews). Here's Taormina from the mountain above:

07b019fa7fc2a3668497f8bb84b04846.jpg

Thanks you so much for your explanation and suggestions. Looks so beautiful. I will definitely check out Sicily with Mario. :)

Don't worry :) No cliffs! We went by bus. Worth the visit. Beautiful views! Enjoy 😊