Cruise Fashions & Beauty

Deck yourself out for your next cruise! What clothes should you bring, and what should stay at home. Offer up packing tips, and savvy shopping info, too
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:01 PM.
Washington
199 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
I am thinking about getting eyelash extensions for my upcoming cruise to glam up my look a bit. But I'm feeling a little unsure if I will like them or not. I guess I'm worried they will bother me or I'll end up damaging them.

Has anyone had these and what is your experience?

Cruise is in 2 weeks so I'm running out of time to decide!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app
Colorado Springs, CO (originally Boston MA)
4,749 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Try the magnetic eyelashes instead. Very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S.S. Norway, March 17, 1995
Rest all Celebrity or Royal
Galaxy, Feb 20, 2001
Constellation, Feb 22, 2006
Constellation, Feb 14, 2010
Solstice Jan 29, 2011
Constellation, Mar 24, 2012
Equinox, Feb 22, 2013
Equinox, Feb 21, 2014
Navigator of the Seas, Nov 30, 2014
Eclipse, Mar 1, 2015
Liberty of the Seas, Nov 13, 2015
Celebrity Solstice, Apr 26, 2015
Liberty of the Seas, Apr 23 & 30, 2017
Eclipse, November 26, 2017
Eclipse, September 22, 2019 (50th Anniversary Cruise)
Reflection, February 21, 2020 (Mardi Gras)
Reflection, March 2, 2020
Les & Melody
NJ
2,148 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
My sister had the magnetic ones. They were terrible. Not shaped right and fell off all the time. A co worker had the extensions and while everyone told her how great they looked she said never again! Too many restrictions on what make up you use and how you clean your face and ect..

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fredericksburg, va. USA
88,303 Posts
Joined May 2001
If you want to try them, do it well before your cruise...be terrible to get on the ship, and not like them, or have an issue. Try them at home, where you can get things "fixed"!
28 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
I'm a big fan of eyelash extensions. I don't like to deal with putting on false lashes everyday so to me it's worth it to get the extensions and I get them done every 2 weeks
184 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I used to get mine permed and died and it worked really well (do they even do that anymore??). I've never done the extensions but considering it too especially since I wear less make up on the cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Wonder April 2016, Disney Wonder April 2017, RC Freedom of the seas, August 2014, RC Allure of the seas October 2013, RC Oasis of the Seas, September 2012, Carnival Triumph, May 2007

27 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
I got them once. I loved them at first. Toxicfairy is correct. You have to be very aware of how you you put on makeup and clean your face. The worst part is when you don't want them anymore...… You have to let them fall off naturally, sparatically, if you want to keep your own eyelashes intact. I am with her..... NEVER again. I now use Latisse ( although that takes months ).
Washington
199 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Thanks for all the comments! I think I'm going to stick with my gut feeling of NO on the lashes for now. As pretty as they look I think they will drive me crazy and I can't keep up with the upkeep for them. Going to get some nice mascara instead!

Washington
199 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by cruisinnancy
I used to get mine permed and died and it worked really well (do they even do that anymore??). I've never done the extensions but considering it too especially since I wear less make up on the cruise.
Yes they do this! I think they call it a lash lift. I've thought about trying this too.

226 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I have extensions. I get fills every three weeks. I love them. Cleaning isnt a problem once you get used to a news routine and you will need much less eye makeup
New Hampshire
207 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by cruisinnancy

yes, they now call it a 'lash lift' - great for the summer and cruising since I do not have to wear mascara during the day. If I want to glam it up for the night I add some mascara.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mary-Ellen in beautiful NH

Shawnee, KS
637 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
I love my extensions! I love being able to wake up and all I need is lipstick to look fine. Can’t wait to try them on a cruise. You won’t even know you have them on, they are so light. Just please research the person you go to. Thee are a lot of people doing the extensions that don’t know what they are doing. If you find a reputable person, you will love your lashes, and be hooked!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kim

May 19, 2013 - Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
November 18, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine - Western Caribbean
May 25, 2014 - Carnival Conquest - Eastern Caribbean
November 16, 2014 - Carnival Breeze - Western Caribbean
May 24, 2015 - Carnival Liberty - Southern Caribbean
May 25, 2016 - Carnival Conquest - Exotic Estern Caribbean
October 9, 2016 - Carnival Breeze - Western Caribbean
January 8, 2017 - Carnival Breeze - Western Caribbean
November 4, 2018 - Carnival Liberty - Bahamas