Cruise Fashions & Beauty

Deck yourself out for your next cruise! What clothes should you bring, and what should stay at home. Offer up packing tips, and savvy shopping info, too
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:57 PM.
Florida
2,400 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
OK, I just sent in my membership payment!

I just received two pair of walking type shoes from Zappos yesterday for our summer activities which include two weeks on Maasdam in Alaska.

Hope to do lots of walking around the deck and in port!

Last year, I suddenly developed heel tendonitis aka plantar fasciitis during an April HAL cruise, and the pain persisted so that by July I could barely walk across a parking lot. My MD told me to get shoes with arch support and I tried the Vionic brand. Couldn't believe the instant relief they gave me and my heel no longer hurts.

So I swear by them now (I do not own the company, unfortunately, just a happy customer.) They make very cute though expensive flip flops with arch support, too. I pass on this info in case anyone else is dealing with heel pain.
1,076 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Look at these cuties! Comfort can be adorable. On the left are some walking shoes I got just for the Med cruise but wear them lots (breaking them in, you see) and on the right are sanuks, which I just discovered. Your feet are in heaven when wearing them!
But let's not get me started on sandals and heels!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL: Mexican Riviera Cruise, December 20, 2015

HAL: Mediterranean Cruise, July 17, 2016
1,103 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
These are the heels I made for my Mardi Gras cruise next year.

g
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. -Mark Twain
113,534 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Boo Hoo -- I didn't make it into the club.

You all have fun.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.
1,076 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
You could join! All you have to do is be passionate about shoes and want to take them with you!
Cruisinwithmaandpa that is some kind of glitter going on! Awesome for Mardi Gras!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,076 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Krazy kruizers, how about shoe clips? They used to be popular in the fifties disappeared for awhile except on bridal shoes and now they've made a comeback. You can get them for all around the shoe: for toes, heels, laces, everything! When I have to stick to a reliable shoe I'm going to get a whole collection of them! Think how many shoes it'll look like I have then!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ontario, CA (The one WITH the Palm Trees!)
24,317 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by chefestelle
Krazy kruizers, how about shoe clips? They used to be popular in the fifties disappeared for awhile except on bridal shoes and now they've made a comeback. You can get them for all around the shoe: for toes, heels, laces, everything! When I have to stick to a reliable shoe I'm going to get a whole collection of them! Think how many shoes it'll look like I have then!

Tons of styles here. Still have some from the '80s.
http://www.absolutelyaudrey.com/mobi...ry.aspx?id=626

ETA--looking around the site, they have heel rings. Didn't know what they were but now I NEED them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

218 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Maggiemou. Forty pairs! My kind of girl. For a trip of any length, my packing list starts with my shoes. My goal is to keep it down to no more than six pairs, but with so many to choose from that is a tough task. Next week, for the first time, we are in and out of our home port. Yahoo, no weight or space restrictions. But it is Alaska! Won't need much more than hiking boots and a couple of pairs for evening. Well, a pair of flats and maybe cute boots for around the ship, a pair of sandals for the pool...Oh look, I'm already at six.
1,076 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Heel rings! I totally forgot about those! I saw some recently and added them to my mental magpie. I saw boot bracelets too. So exciting!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,103 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I'm working on a pair of glitter Chuck Taylor converse sneakers, I will post when I get them done.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. -Mark Twain
Pennsylvania
13,986 Posts
Joined May 2007

If only I was little thee,
How happy I would surely be.

No limit to the shoes I'd buy,
but alas I sadly only sigh.

It's just two feet I have to adorn,
since I was not a centipede born.
113,534 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by iheartbda

If only I was little thee,
How happy I would surely be.

No limit to the shoes I'd buy,
but alas I sadly only sigh.

It's just two feet I have to adorn,
since I was not a centipede born.

Adorable!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
113,534 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by chefestelle

I used to have quite a few of those shoe clips -- they sure ruined a lot of stockings though.

The flat black shoes I wear now for evenings are like ballerina shoes with a black pompom on them.

Originally posted by VennDiagram
Krazy Kruisers of course you are in the club! I think anyone who is prepared to admit to a shoe "problem" is in the club

Betty (serendipity1499) makes the decisions as to who can join the club as she started this thread.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Southwest Florida
10,452 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by Krazy Kruizers
Boo Hoo -- I didn't make it into the club.

You all have fun.
Originally posted by Krazy Kruizers
I used to have quite a few of those shoe clips -- they sure ruined a lot of stockings though.

The flat black shoes I wear now for evenings are like ballerina shoes with a black pompom on them.

Betty (serendipity1499) makes the decisions as to who can join the club as she started this thread.
YOU ARE IN KRAZY KRUISERS!!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! All you have to do is like/love shoes even when someone else is wearing them.. NO One is excluded!!

Everyone is welcome to nominate someone for the club.. I love it that you all don't consider me NUTS! Or if you do you still let me have some fun..

WOW...You've all been so busy while I've been making my appointments for today.. Having a Pedicure at 2.m. as going out tonight..Then I have to decide which pair to wear with which jacket & purse to match..OH MY so much to decide..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email_me

For Meet & Greet Info. Pls. put Cruise Critic in Subject line.. Betty
Cruises: '70 Hellenic "Orion" Greek Isles; '83 Norwegian Carib. "Southwind" East. Carib. ; '96 NCL "Dreamward" East. Carib; '98 HAL "Ryndam" South. Carib.; '99 NCL "Majesty" Panama Canal-Mexico; '01 HAL "Volendam" Trinidad/Martinique; '02 NCL "Dream" Trans-Atlantic MIA-ROM; '03 HAL "Maasdam" West. Carib.; '03 HAL "Amsterdam" South Amer. RIO-SCL; '04 HAL "Westerdam" Trans-Atlantic BCN-FLL; '05 NCL "Crown" SCL-MIA via Canal; '06 HAL "Prinsendam" FLL-Amazon via Carib.; '06 HAL "Ryndam" Carib-Isla de Margarita; '07 Oceania "Regatta" Amazon via Carib. '08 HAL "Veendam"-Alaska; '08 HAL "Maasdam" Southern Carib.: '09 HAL "Statendam" RT FLL-SAN via Panama Canal; '10 HAL "Veendam" Bermuda '10 HAL "Noordam" B2B Carib.; '11 Oceania "Regatta" U.S. Coastal, Bermuda & Carib.; '12 HAL "Nieuw Amsterdam" B2B Carib.; '12 HAL "Noordam " B2B Carib.; '13 HAL "Prinsendam" South Amer. Antartica, & Amazon via Panama Canal & Carib.
Southwest Florida
10,452 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
You all have been so busy!

More of you have joined: Caribbean Chris. Krazy Kruisers, CruisinwithmaandPa- Love your glitter shoes for Marti Gras, Can't wait to see your next pair, Sadien, Keroppi2011, iheartbda- Had to print up your Ode to a Centipede, Fantastic! Will get a frame to put it up on my wall!

If I left anyone out, please let me know.. Thanks everyone..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email_me

Cruises: '70 Hellenic "Orion" Greek Isles; '83 Norwegian Carib. "Southwind" East. Carib. ; '96 NCL "Dreamward" East. Carib; '98 HAL "Ryndam" South. Carib.; '99 NCL "Majesty" Panama Canal-Mexico; '01 HAL "Volendam" Trinidad/Martinique; '02 NCL "Dream" Trans-Atlantic MIA-ROM; '03 HAL "Maasdam" West. Carib.; '03 HAL "Amsterdam" South Amer. RIO-SCL; '04 HAL "Westerdam" Trans-Atlantic BCN-FLL; '05 NCL "Crown" SCL-MIA via Canal; '06 HAL "Prinsendam" FLL-Amazon via Carib.; '06 HAL "Ryndam" Carib-Isla de Margarita; '07 Oceania "Regatta" Amazon via Carib. '08 HAL "Veendam"-Alaska; '08 HAL "Maasdam" Southern Carib.: '09 HAL "Statendam" RT FLL-SAN via Panama Canal; '10 HAL "Veendam" Bermuda '10 HAL "Noordam" B2B Carib.; '11 Oceania "Regatta" U.S. Coastal, Bermuda & Carib.; '12 HAL "Nieuw Amsterdam" B2B Carib.; '12 HAL "Noordam " B2B Carib.; '13 HAL "Prinsendam" South Amer. Antartica, & Amazon via Panama Canal & Carib.
Southwest Florida
10,452 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by SadieN
Tons of styles here. Still have some from the '80s.
http://www.absolutelyaudrey.com/mobi...ry.aspx?id=626

ETA--looking around the site, they have heel rings. Didn't know what they were but now I NEED them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app
Sadie, Thanks for that WEB site..Unfortunately I'm not wearing any heels higher than one inch now, but it gave me some great ideas..I have a box of shoe clips in my closet that I haven't worn in years..Just dug them out..May buy a few more & try the new ones on some of my closed toe shoes..

Must admit to you all that I now only have about 50 to 60 pairs of shoes to my name.. My very dear Friend (Prime Time) & I got rid of all my heels when DH & I moved, but hope that someone else benefited from them.. She was unmerciful & sent some of my favorites packing!

I'll have to tell her about this thread ..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email_me

Southwest Florida
10,452 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by serendipity1499
You all have been so busy!

More of you have joined: Caribbean Chris. Krazy Kruisers, CruisinwithmaandPa- Love your glitter shoes for Marti Gras, Can't wait to see your next pair, Sadien, Keroppi2011, iheartbda- Had to print up your Ode to a Centipede, Fantastic! Will get a frame to put it up on my wall!

If I left anyone out, please let me know.. Thanks everyone..
Whoops...I meant Mardi Gras!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email_me