Wrinkles?

Gonzav

Various ideas

Get clothes that do not wrinkle.

Bundle pack.

Layer with tissue paper or dry cleaner bags.

Send out for ironing.

Iron before packing.

Iron yourself once onboard if the ship has them available.

Downey wrinkle release. (homemade recipes are available online).

Live with the wrinkles as everyone’s in the same boat.

Know that some fabrics will wrinkle no matter what.

What are you packing? There are many tutorials exposing wrinkle free packing, even for suits.

Folding creases aren't "wrinkles"...everyone will have that, so don't worry! Iron before you pack. Formal clothes....keep on hangers, put inside dry-cleaning bags, and fold the least amount to fit into the suitcase. Hang as soon as you unpack. It will all be fine. Have a drink or two and you won't give a fig!

When I fly I take an empty spray bottle and a couple of teaspoons of fabric softener in a tiny container. Mix one teaspoon of fabric softener with one cup of water. Mix well. Spray on wrinkles, shake out clothes and hang

Love this one....

quote:

"Get clothes that do not wrinkle":D

Most of the clothing I wear for evenings are in that category........there are so many updated materials these days that really do not wrinkle. I know 100% cotton and/or linen always wrinkles so usually that is not part of my wardrobe......I mean here at home I do own an iron but I RARELY ever use it. Packing for a cruise? If my daytime tops-t's shirts are a bit wrinkled? oh well, I don't worry too much about it.:)

I hang things in the bathroom while I shower. It steams the wrinkles right out.

Stupid question of the day;):

How do you hang things in the bathroom while showering? I've only noticed the small rope inside the shower and the curtain has been attached to the ceiling (not on a rod). I'm guessing the hook on the door, hanging one item only? We usually keep the bathroom door open when showering (just hubby and I in the cabin) so it doesn't get too steamy.

Thanks!

Pacruise804. Steamy is what you want to get the wrinkles out. Normally there’s 2-3 hooks on the back of the door or hang at the top of the mirror.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stupid question of the day;):

How do you hang things in the bathroom while showering? I've only noticed the small rope inside the shower and the curtain has been attached to the ceiling (not on a rod). I'm guessing the hook on the door, hanging one item only? We usually keep the bathroom door open when showering (just hubby and I in the cabin) so it doesn't get too steamy.

Thanks!

Hang it on the back of the door. I let it get nice and steamy in there and it does the trick.

Thanks for the explanations :)

We tend to pack clothes that don't wrinkle (or just don't care;) ) I don't mind the steam, but hubby doesn't like it (and if we are running late one might be brushing teeth while the other is showering). I never noticed the mirrors being away from the wall - unless you mean the shaving mirror.

I'll keep this in mind if we have wrinkle issues next time.

I don't really have an issue with wrinkles--every one has a few from packing. But, I don't take things that I know wrinkle badly.

I don't think I have ever noticed someone wearing wrinkly clothes on a cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...