Navigator or Empress?

Oh my gosh! You can't get any different between the two ships. If ports don't matter and the ship is what is important, I would take Navigator in a heartbeat. Empress is a great ship, but small and not a lot of things to offer that the larger ships have.

I was leaning towards the Navigator too, because of the size. They have only taken one cruise and it was on the Oasis this past June. Now they are hooked!!!

I think they are going with family so can only do the shorter cruise. I just wanted to give them the best advice I can and I knew I would get the answers here.

Thanks!!

I sailed on Empress last summer because it was a great price. We got a junior suite and I was so disappointed. I had a junior suite once before on Jewel, and it didn't compare. Empress is fine, but it is a very small and basic ship. I'd go with Navigator.

I was leaning towards the Navigator too, because of the size. They have only taken one cruise and it was on the Oasis this past June. Now they are hooked!!!

I think they are going with family so can only do the shorter cruise. I just wanted to give them the best advice I can and I knew I would get the answers here.

Thanks!!

Oasis to Empress??? They better work their way down slowly. I would go with the Navigator.

Navigator. The only way I would even consider Empress is if it were going somewhere that I really wanted to go and I couldn't get there any other way including swimming to it.

Yet another opinion we share.

Poor Empress.. no love for her! I have yet to sail on a big ship (but I am in 47 days!!) but I was on the Empress last year and got one heck of a deal. Without all the fancy amenities there were very few children and it was super quiet and relaxing! We just had a room with a window (there are really no suites or jr. suites), and it was perfect - esp. for the right price! I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again, unless I want all the fancy things.

I would recommend the Navigator over the Empress all the way from what I know of the ships. We have not sailed the Navigator yet (but will in March) but have been on all three of the Freedom class ships (slightly larger than the Navigator) and love them.

Poor Empress.. no love for her! I have yet to sail on a big ship (but I am in 47 days!!) but I was on the Empress last year and got one heck of a deal. Without all the fancy amenities there were very few children and it was super quiet and relaxing! We just had a room with a window (there are really no suites or jr. suites), and it was perfect - esp. for the right price! I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again, unless I want all the fancy things.

I see you have the Oasis class ship for your 50th booked. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. The Oasis class ships are beautiful, though very different than standard ships in so that you do not feel you are at sea so much but in a LARGE floating hotel. Lots to do to celebrate your 50th.

I would recommend the Navigator over the Empress all the way from what I know of the ships. We have not sailed the Navigator yet (but will in March) but have been on all three of the Freedom class ships (slightly larger than the Navigator) and love them.

I see you have the Oasis class ship for your 50th booked. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. The Oasis class ships are beautiful, though very different than standard ships in so that you do not feel you are at sea so much but in a LARGE floating hotel. Lots to do to celebrate your 50th.

Thanks, I'm super excited! I think comparing the two ships is "apple and orange"... but they are both cruises, can't go wrong!!;p

.............The only way I would even consider Empress is if it were going somewhere that I really wanted to go.......

Been on Navigator of the Seas twice, BUT........ we want to do the overnight in Havana Cuba so..... looking forward to cruising on Empress of the Seas. (Used to be Nordic Empress)